Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-27-2017, 09:46 AM   #1

IRV radio dead

I picked up my rockwood mini light 2306 trailer from a storage and noticed that the radio is dead do not know why everything else works in the trailer I checked the fuses all good so anyone know what I can do to trouble shoot? How fanI pop off the radio so I can get in the back and check wiring? It's under warrenty but dealer can't get me in for 3 weeks.
Locchamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 11:09 AM   #2

Pry off the end caps if it's a 33 or 34. There are 4 screws behind those. There is a 15 amp blade fuse that plugs into the rear of the unit.
Mr Havercamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2017, 09:48 AM   #3

The real question is why would fuse blow while it sat all winter? There has to be a reason
Old 04-29-2017, 10:15 AM   #4

I had some problems with my IRV system. Sound going up and down. I called IRV and they sent me a new one. Very easy to replace. Took about 10 minutes. Remove front cover by carefully prying with screw driver as various points. You will see 4 screws. Remove the screws and it pulls out. Just unplug old one, plug and place in a new one. When IRV sends you a new one, they will send a postage paid label. Just put the old one in the box, seal, place label and mail at the closest UPS. New one has been working great. This way you don't have to mess with leaving at dealer for a month.
txredfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2017, 11:53 AM   #5

So I was about to pull it out but tried the power button and it worked after five minutes died again. I pulled it out checked all wiried it has power fuse is good so it's the radio

Tags
irv, radio