Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-12-2017, 09:32 AM   #1

iRV remote control

Hello friends,

New member and new to RVing here. We just purchased a barely used 2016 2503s. It was stored in a heated warehouse and is literally like new. We're so excited and already camped in it 3 hours after purchasing and were pleased that everything worked with one exception. The iRV remote control is missing the battery holder. I figured I could just use the app but it just won't work. I've read on the forum this is pretty common. I am paired to it and can stream music but the apps that control the system just don't seem to work on my Galaxy S7.

Anyway, I'm hoping somebody knows where I might find a new remote for this thing or battery holder. Leaning over the dinette with the TV in the way is a pain. I'm fed up trying to get the app to work at this point but if somebody has ideas I'll try again. (Oh, and found out late at night the outside speaker default to on. Mental note taken to turn off zone 3 when I turn it on.)

Thanks in advance!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	15025481435041182620178.jpg
Views:	340
Size:	166.4 KB
ID:	147983  
Krieged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 07:03 PM   #2
Enjoying Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krieged View Post
Hello friends,

New member and new to RVing here. We just purchased a barely used 2016 2503s. It was stored in a heated warehouse and is literally like new. We're so excited and already camped in it 3 hours after purchasing and were pleased that everything worked with one exception. The iRV remote control is missing the battery holder. I figured I could just use the app but it just won't work. I've read on the forum this is pretty common. I am paired to it and can stream music but the apps that control the system just don't seem to work on my Galaxy S7.

Anyway, I'm hoping somebody knows where I might find a new remote for this thing or battery holder. Leaning over the dinette with the TV in the way is a pain. I'm fed up trying to get the app to work at this point but if somebody has ideas I'll try again. (Oh, and found out late at night the outside speaker default to on. Mental note taken to turn off zone 3 when I turn it on.)

Thanks in advance!
Patrick Industries is the company that owns them. They have a contact page
Contact - Patrick Industries

The issue with the speakers is a known fault and there are many others. You should detail all problems with your unit. They have been pretty good on replacing units in the past.
Good Luck

2006 Durango HEMI

TeachTexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 06:43 AM   #3

Thanks, I'll call them Monday. At the very least maybe I can get a remote.

Now I'm curious, there are 2 apps on Google play. Have others got either to work on their S7? Maybe there's some settings I need to tweek?
Old 08-13-2017, 09:04 AM   #4

I have a Droid turbo. Got camper last year. Old app would work, new app didn't.

This year, neither app works.

I want to make them replace it, but it really isn't worth the effort. Countless reports on the radio of it not working. It'll just break again.

Please post if they have any suggestions. Maybe a certain reset procedure or something.....
aeblank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 05:41 PM   #5

No special reset procedure. I talked to them and they were as supportive as they could be as the distributor. They said the manufacturer is aware of the problems and is working on the Android app but I don't have my hopes up. The iPhone app isn't getting updated if any iPhone users read this. Basically, the radio is obsolete now (on my 2016 trailer.) He did say the old app is the one for the iRV33 but no idea when the app will be updated so it'll work again.

The good news is they are taking care of me with the broken remote and that'll work for now. My wife is pretty short and can't reach the radio without standing on the dinette bench so at least it's usable now. I can pair to the radio with no problem to stream music to it so at least I can work with this solution. I'm just going to keep the app loaded on my phone and see if it ever updates.

Tags
irv, remote