Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-13-2018, 04:18 PM   #1

Issues 2018 RV

We bought a 2018 Rockwood 2780WS in March ‘18 & now wish we wouldn’t have have. Had 4 issues that the dealer fixed for us already. In June we let them know that some of the lights in our control panel weren’t working, but we weren’t bringing it in to be fixed until after camping season in Sept. It has now been in 8+ weeks and 2 times Forest River has sent the incorrect panel. During this time our dealer has been horrible about calling us back, which hasn’t helped. I’ve about had it with Forrest River too as they obviously don’t have the panel we need for this brand new camper! If we can’t get one 6 months after buying it, how are we going to get one if it ever goes out again?? So disappointed in their customer service!
sdahlheimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2018, 05:03 PM   #2
Site Team

Have you actually seen the panels that FR is supposed to have sent? Or did the dealer just tell you they sent the wrong panel two times? I hate to say it, but we've heard that before when the part was never actually ordered.

I'm sorry you've had problems, but I think I'd call Rockwood warranty and see if the parts have been shipped to the dealer.
Old 11-13-2018, 05:31 PM   #3
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bama Rambler View Post
I hate to say it, but we've heard that before when the part was never actually ordered.

I'm sorry you've had problems, but I think I'd call Rockwood warranty and see if the parts have been shipped to the dealer.
THIS!^^^^^^
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2018, 07:21 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikendan View Post
THIS!^^^^^^
Ditto.

Bruce
Old 11-13-2018, 07:32 PM   #5
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

The fact that your dealer won't return phone calls should give you a clue as to where the problem lies.
AquaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2018, 07:38 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdahlheimer View Post
We bought a 2018 Rockwood 2780WS in March ‘18 & now wish we wouldn’t have have. Had 4 issues that the dealer fixed for us already. In June we let them know that some of the lights in our control panel weren’t working, but we weren’t bringing it in to be fixed until after camping season in Sept. It has now been in 8+ weeks and 2 times Forest River has sent the incorrect panel. During this time our dealer has been horrible about calling us back, which hasn’t helped. I’ve about had it with Forrest River too as they obviously don’t have the panel we need for this brand new camper! If we can’t get one 6 months after buying it, how are we going to get one if it ever goes out again?? So disappointed in their customer service!

Has the dealer had the camper this long
spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 10:03 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bama Rambler View Post
Have you actually seen the panels that FR is supposed to have sent? Or did the dealer just tell you they sent the wrong panel two times? I hate to say it, but we've heard that before when the part was never actually ordered.

+1

Original dealer for me never ordered the part. Then blamed the delay on FR.

If it is new, they have the correct panel. It is not being ordered, or the dealer is not ordering the proper one, and blaming someone else. Call like said above. They will tell you.

I ended up finding an independent repair place that was an authorized warranty repair facility. Funny how the 8+ week delay for parts only took a week after ordering at the new place.
Wileykid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 10:29 AM   #8

all Camping Worlds are not bad, just most of them... hope you are not dealing with Camping World...

do the independent RV repair places or RV mobile tech...

2014 Shamrock 183
2014 RAM 1500 Bighorn Crew Cab, HEMI, 3.21 gears, 8 Spd, 4X4 TST TPMS
rsdata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 11:06 AM   #9

Ask FR to ship the part direct to you.

-- Chuck
Chuck_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 11:25 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdahlheimer View Post
Since you've only made one post I assume you're upset and just blowing off steam . I'm sure your dealer is backed up and just putting you off .if you don't need your unit now just consider it free storage .I would wager your dealer is just dragging his feet on this
MR.M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 01:58 PM   #11
Commercial Member

sdahlheimer,

Please accept our sincerest apologies for any inconveniences that you have experienced with your new Rockwood. Your satisfaction is very important to us; accordingly, we invite you to contact Rayna Dimitroff in our Customer service department through the following personalized and direct link: Forest River RV Direct Service Contact - Forest River, Inc..

This direct link is provided for your convenience in order that we may resolve your concerns as quickly as possible. We will strive to respond to you within 24 hours of receiving your correspondence.

Respectfully,
Forest River
ES_FR is offline   Reply With Quote