Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-28-2016, 06:05 PM   #1

Jenson VX7020A warning

Just a warning for those that have this unit in their motor home. DO NOT upgrade the software from Jensen : Mobile Multimedia : VX7020

This not the maker of the unit is ASA electronics. Result the navigation software will not work.

The background wanted to replace the 4 gig card with an 8 gig card (not enough space to update maps). I was told that is not a problem just use Naviextras to backup and restore. Silly me also upgraded to the latest version of software for the deck as from above site.
Now waiting to see how to correct the upgrade.

Ps still thing 4 to 8 gig change will work
knoddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 10:04 PM   #2

Did the os upgrade work?

But then the navigation didn't load the maps?
deanjp1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 08:16 AM   #3

Yes BUT in reality it changes the OS to the vx7020 not vx 7020A. Don't do it. ASA Electronics replaced the unit under warranty. Copying the files from the 4 gig SD card to a 8 gig card then unsung naviextra site updated the maps with no issue.
Old 04-05-2017, 06:25 PM   #4

Anyone with this radio have issue with the screen constantly running thru the aps while the radio is playing? I hit the radio button and it holds for a few seconds then starts over cycling. Should I do a soft reset?
fritzg2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 06:44 PM   #5

Sorry not had that issue , reset might help and the only thing you need to do is reset the profiles and info. Failing that asa electronics has a great helpdesk