Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-31-2020, 01:46 PM   #1

Just recently I have to turn of my fridge to run AC

We have a 2019 Lacrosse 3311RKL and just recently our AC won't run unless we turn off out fridge. We know we can't have our water heater turned on to run the AC but never the fridge?
MelnReg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2020, 01:52 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelnReg View Post
We have a 2019 Lacrosse 3311RKL and just recently our AC won't run unless we turn off out fridge. We know we can't have our water heater turned on to run the AC but never the fridge?
Are you on shore power or generator? If generator, what size? Describe what happens.

If not already doing this, Turn your fridge to propane, if on generator
Beachbourbon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2020, 01:55 PM   #3

No generator and I have to a full size LG fridge that I don't think runs on propane. This just started happening last weekend.
Old 07-31-2020, 02:01 PM   #4

Quote:
No generator and I have to a full size LG fridge that I don't think runs on propane. This just started happening last weekend.
Both your fridge and water heater should have both electric/gas options. Unless you replaced them with non-RV appliances. Since your rig is a 2019, I assume you have the factory appliances still? Most water heaters run on gas anyway.

Anywhoo, if you are on shore power, I would check fuses, and then the shore power cord/connections/source
Old 07-31-2020, 02:05 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beachbourbon View Post
Both your fridge and water heater should have both electric/gas options. Unless you replaced them with non-RV appliances. Since your rig is a 2019, I assume you have the factory appliances still? Most water heaters run on gas anyway.

Anywhoo, if you are on shore power, I would check fuses, and then the shore power cord/connections/source
They stated "Full Size LG" assuming it's a "Residential" Frig.
TheWolfPaq82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2020, 02:06 PM   #6

Thanks. We did check the power supply. Is it obvious if there's a fuse problem? We have the original fridge but there's no converter visible to switch from electric to propane. We went on a 5 hour trip last year and the fridge was not cold when we got there. So I'm assuming it's not propane. I've searched the manual online and nothing there either.
Old 07-31-2020, 02:10 PM   #7

Quote:
Thanks. We did check the power supply. Is it obvious if there's a fuse problem? We have the original fridge but there's no converter visible to switch from electric to propane. We went on a 5 hour trip last year and the fridge was not cold when we got there. So I'm assuming it's not propane. I've searched the manual online and nothing there either.
What does your dealer say about all these questions you have on a 1 year old RV?
Old 07-31-2020, 02:10 PM   #8

Quote:
If it's a "Residential style" frig....there won't be any propane to it as those only run on 120v I believe. So it's either a generator or Inverter when you're traveling to run it.
TheWolfPaq82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2020, 02:14 PM   #9

Fuses can be checked easily at the converter usually

According to the specs your refrigerator is a Mid-size 12 volt, you have a 15,000 BTU AC and use 50 amp. What power source are you plugged into when this happens?
Great bourbon-just about any of San Diego’s craft beer
Old 07-31-2020, 02:29 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWolfPaq82 View Post
If it's a "Residential style" frig....there won't be any propane to it as those only run on 120v I believe. So it's either a generator or Inverter when you're traveling to run it.
Yes that's what I found out too. The dealer is in another province and not very helpful
Old 07-31-2020, 02:31 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beachbourbon View Post
Fuses can be checked easily at the converter usually

According to the specs your refrigerator is a Mid-size 12 volt, you have a 15,000 BTU AC and use 50 amp. What power source are you plugged into when this happens?
It's only 50amp if we had two AC units the dealer told us. We've been plugged into 30 amp since last year without issue
Old 07-31-2020, 02:44 PM   #12

Quote:
It's only 50amp if we had two AC units the dealer told us. We've been plugged into 30 amp since last year without issue
If you've been plugged in since last yr and not moved go check you plug and see if it's not arching there and causing issues
MR.M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2020, 03:33 PM   #13

I would say to check voltages at pedestal and outlet where fridge is plugged in at to see if they are the same volts and not lower than 105 volts really no less than 115V. If that's ok then check amperage of each appliance running separately of course you have might have capacitor or compressor going bad.

2016 Ford F250 XLT 4X4 6.2L
2015 Rockwood Signature Ultralite 8329SS
Hensley Arrow
uhduh camping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2020, 04:04 PM   #14
PhD, Common Sense

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR.M View Post
If you've been plugged in since last yr and not moved go check you plug and see if it's not arching there and causing issues
AC and residential fridge together are probably a big draw. You may have added some devices that use AC electricity, either putting you over the 30-amp limit, or the pedestal (or RV) 30-amp breaker is tripping on 28 or 29 amps.
eye95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2020, 05:50 PM   #15

boy, a lot of comments. many of which may not apply

can we confirm the problem?

full size lg refrigerator to means 120 vac power only, no 12 volt, no propane.
a/c is 120vac and 12 volt to run thermonstat.
nothing has been mentioned that leads me to think their is any problem with 12 volt power.
what does 'we know we can't have the water heater on to tun the a/c'. i am assuming this means the water heater cannot be running on 120 vac in order to run the a/c. but is there any reason why it can't be running on propane while the a/c is on?

no here is what has not been confirmed. the statement is i have to turn refrigerator off to run the a/c. why? what happens if you don't turn the refrigerator off? does the a/c have a problem, does the refrigerator have a problem, or is a circuit breaker tripping?

this could be as simple as overloading the 30 amp pedestal breaker. is this happening on multiple pedestals or did you just move to a new site and it started to happen at the new site?

i'm not trying to get picky but the problem really was never defined
Old 07-31-2020, 06:22 PM   #16
Site Team

How about a picture of the fridge?

dcheatwood is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fridge