Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-06-2021, 03:58 AM   #1

LCI Insight Camera poor reception

First post, new user, hopefully I can get some help while helping others. Brand new 2021 Alpha Wolf 30RDB with the factory installed LCI Insight wireless back/observation camera utilizing the LCI One Control App to view on my smart phone. I've connected the camera and it does work; however, when I walk it over to my tow vehicle it looses connection.

Forest River has not gotten back to me yet and LCI hasn't been very much help so far and have yet to get back to me about my options.

What if anything can I do to maybe improve the range or should I just get a new unit? Thanks in advance!
Zigmiester33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2021, 09:06 AM   #2

I don't have your model, but for my camera I had to use an antenna with a longer length to get better reception. Also if it is using blue tooth instead of an antenna to connect to your phone then distance could be a problem. Not sure how to resolve that issue.
Old 07-06-2021, 05:43 PM   #3

I have a different brand but had a similar problem.

I bought a low loss antennae cable and relocated/mounted the camera antennae on the roof all the way at the front of the trailer right by the nose cap. Works a lot better now.
Old 07-08-2021, 07:45 PM   #4

I have 2021 alpha wolf 26dbh-l and I can’t get my camera to connect to my phone at all. I’ve tried disconnecting all power. Running lights on. Being on a ladder right next to it. Tried scanning the QR code. It asks for a password and I enter the password from the inside tag and it will not connect. I haven’t reached out to LCI on it yet. But after I signed my paperwork the dealer told me they have had nothing but complaints on this camera
How did you get yours to connect and is it a different password?
Broncoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2021, 12:12 PM   #5

I have been having the same problems with the LCI Camera. I have connection about 50% of the time. When it does connect I get a pink hue on the picture. I have been working with my dealer but no satisfaction yet. My dealer replaced the camera once with the identical camera. Same problem. He contacted Lippert and they are aware of the problems with this camera. Lippert informed my dealer that several new cameras have the pink hue and their engineers are working on it. So I suggest you contact Lippert and put pressure on them to replace this camera. I am in limbo right now as I believe the Lippert LCI camera is a safety hazard when it is not working correctly. I also contacted Forest River and they just redirect me back to my dealer. They did indicate they could send a different brand of camera but that would have to be done through my dealer. I am hoping to get resolution soon!
Topdog885 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2021, 10:42 PM   #6

I have that on my 2021 Arctic Wolf. I just got rid of it and put a different brand on. I have the Furrion 4.3 rear view kit. My brother inlaw used a Hopkins.

2021 Arctic Wolf
2020 Chevy Silverado 2500HD Gasser
RRSCOTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2021, 06:14 AM   #7

Forest River allowed my dealer to order a different brand of camera. It is a Furrion S. I pick it up on Monday and will install shortly after. I have heard good things about the Furrion so I hope it works for me and this ordeal will finally be over. My dealer really helped in getting this resolved. I think Forest River should have never used the LCI cameras on their travel trailers. They got an inferior product from Lippert.
Topdog885 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2021, 07:54 AM   #8

Be side the picture quality, it was only for backing up. It wouldn't work 5 mph and higher.

2021 Arctic Wolf
2020 Chevy Silverado 2500HD Gasser
RRSCOTT is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camera, reception