Old 04-22-2020, 09:43 PM   #1

Lift kit

New member, 2nd post. 18 geopro 17pr. I was wondering if anyone has put the off-road lift on them selves and kept the 14” factory tires?

The design factor of the flip down steps and any off level spot means I have to take the legs off the steps just to be able to close the door. It being a single axle I don’t like relying on both tires being on blocks just to use the proper step legs so I normally take them off and put blocks under the steps.

Marineviper04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2020, 10:25 PM   #2

I've run into the same problem on sloped sites and also after the TT sunk into the lawn when I didn't put boards under the wheels. I have the flip down style steps that require them to hang their flap to the door jam to open & shut the door. I've had to rehookup and re-level the trailer for the steps and often had to remove the step supports to allow them to hang right. I take a folding shovel and had to use it to dig spots for the stairs to hang into ;(
I just did a single axle flip. The axle was above the springs, now it's below the springs. Gained 5" more clearance and could go with bigger wheels & tires. The repositioning kit with new axle perches was about $60 off Amazon. My drive to road transition is a heckava dip. Now I now longer have sewer pipe clearance issues
I have a garage next door, they did it for about $175, got it state inspected at the same time, and gave them a tip. It was worth it having them do it.
Boomerweps is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lift