Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-05-2019, 04:21 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanMike View Post
The factory panel labeling is frustrating. Seems like every installer has their own "shorthand" which not everyone understands.

In this day and age of technology and cheap printers you'd think a label sheet would be created for each build (with all it's electrical circuits) and sent to the installer so a typed label could be put next to each fuse/circuit breaker. Just exactly how much does a sheet of "Avery Labels" cost?

One of my "to do's" is to borrow my son's label maker and mark each circuit in my power distribution panel with legible markers. If one wanted to go the extra mile (on an afternoon with nothing else to do) they could use a label maker and mark each outlet and appliance with the appropriate circuit breaker/fuse number. That would have the added benefit of letting one know which outlets are on the same breaker so they don't plug in too much load (like hair dryer, curling iron, and heater, all on the same circuit),
Search Amazon for power panel or circuit breaker box labels. There are a few preprinted ones available. Granted, they are based on home use but most are usable for RV use.
Boomerweps is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2019, 04:19 PM   #22

The labelling of circuits is done by Forest River when the unit is wired/being wired. The electrician has some pre-printed labels to throw on the fuse and circuit breaker panels. There is also a WFCO label with fuse number and stub wire color.

On my 2 Forest River A-frames I have found the circuit labelling to be pretty accurate, although only some of the devices on a circuit are included. When I replaced the entire panel with a PI unit, I re-labeled the panels and made a master list on my computer, complete with panel wire stub and FR wire stripe color for that circuit.

Fred W
2019 Flagstaff T21TBHW A-frame
2008 Hyundai Entourage minivan
camping Colorado and adjacent states one weekend at a time
pgandw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 12:50 PM   #23
Senior Gold Member

WFCO panel fuses

I’m using a mobile and can’t seem to see where I can post a new thread so I’ll post my question here as it is similar.

I have a 2015 Flagstaff 26FKWS and notice a light on on the 30 amp fuse circuit, 2nd from the bottom on the right side of the panel. I am assuming that the light indicates that the fuse is blown. It is labeled HHT but I’m not sure what it controls (tank heater?). I can’t see where anything else is not working.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	CAF5FA43-574E-4335-9E19-E511632DB568.jpg
Views:	855
Size:	353.0 KB
ID:	198147  
Old 03-05-2019, 01:21 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgandw View Post
The labelling of circuits is done by Forest River when the unit is wired/being wired. The electrician has some pre-printed labels to throw on the fuse and circuit breaker panels. There is also a WFCO label with fuse number and stub wire color.

On my 2 Forest River A-frames I have found the circuit labelling to be pretty accurate, although only some of the devices on a circuit are included. When I replaced the entire panel with a PI unit, I re-labeled the panels and made a master list on my computer, complete with panel wire stub and FR wire stripe color for that circuit.

Fred W
2019 Flagstaff T21TBHW A-frame
2008 Hyundai Entourage minivan
camping Colorado and adjacent states one weekend at a time
Like that "Color Code" idea.
TheWolfPaq82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 02:31 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by rthomaslyons View Post
I’m using a mobile and can’t seem to see where I can post a new thread so I’ll post my question here as it is similar.

I have a 2015 Flagstaff 26FKWS and notice a light on on the 30 amp fuse circuit, 2nd from the bottom on the right side of the panel. I am assuming that the light indicates that the fuse is blown. It is labeled HHT but I’m not sure what it controls (tank heater?). I can’t see where anything else is not working.
HHT usually is "Heated Holding Tanks"
Yamaha 3000iseb generator:Progressive Ind. EMS-HW30C : Eastern Ontario
Nights Camped: 2014 (18) 2015 (18) 2016 (36) 2017 (32) 2018 (42) 2019 (28) 2020 (35)
fonzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 03:08 PM   #26

Yep, that's the fuse blown signal for the Heated Holding Tanks. 30a fuse is blown or the circuit is disconnected somewhere and the power panel thinks the fuse is blown. Probably the fuse.

Here's mine. But the fuse is OK.

-- Chuck
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Roo Fuse Panel.jpg
Views:	2077
Size:	149.5 KB
ID:	198151  
Chuck_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 09:52 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck_S View Post
Yep, that's the fuse blown signal for the Heated Holding Tanks. 30a fuse is blown or the circuit is disconnected somewhere and the power panel thinks the fuse is blown. Probably the fuse.

Here's mine. But the fuse is OK.

-- Chuck
Led is essentially bypassed when fuse is good. Will.only light if fuse is bad, not because circuit is open on either side of fuse.

When fuse blows power then flows through led lighting it. Rest of time it's shorted and can't light.

"You only grow old when you run out of new things to do"

2018 Flagstaff Micro Lite 25BDS
2023 f-150 SCREW XLT 3.5 Ecoboost (The result of a $68,000 oil change)
TitanMike is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
fuse, light