Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-16-2020, 09:43 AM   #1
Triglide

Exclamation Lippert auto Leveling went belly up

I have a 2013 Georgetown 335DS with 21000 miles on it and when at a park a couple months ago the leveling system would not activate to lower the motor home. I then went to the manual mode and tried that. No joy there either so after checking the 100 amp breaker (not the problem) I tried tapping the side of the pump motor and it started and allowed me to retract the system. When we got back home I tried to activate it again...No joy ! So I then disconnected all wiring to motor and cables to batteries, house and chassis and cleaned until they shined.. Reinstalled them tight and checked all Battery voltage's. The house batt's (2) were 12.5 and the chassis batt was 12.78. I tried the system again.. No joy!. so now the unit is at the dealer for repair.. I would think that the system would last a little longer given that we have in the past 5 years only went out about 10 times.. Kinda disappointed in that. The good part is that our extended warranty is good until Dec 15 of this year..I will post what they find out when they get it repaired.. I would have to say that this is the first major problem we have experienced, Except for the lousy seat coverings that started disintegerating after just 3 years. The naugahide laver started peeling off both front seats and the couch too..
TriGlide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2020, 10:14 AM   #2

I have dis-assembled my hydraulic motor before when I was trouble shooting an issue. Turned out it wasn't the motor, but one of the 50 amp breakers that was checking good with an ohm meter, but wasn't actually working. The point being, the motor was full of carbon dust from the brushes and I think really benefited from the thorough cleaning. Perhaps that is your issue?

2016 F350 CC Dually Powerstroke 4x4
2014 Cedar Creek 34RLSA w/Level Up
2007 HD Ultra Classic 103
USS Pyro AE-24 WestPac MM2 '71-'75
SlowrideHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2020, 08:13 PM   #3

Smile

Hello, I had a similar problem and it was the harness. There's a diode inside that blows or gets weak and doesn't have the amps to activate motor. Harness needs an upgraded style if you have same issue. Just fyi... jerry
Reyco50 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leveling