Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-30-2021, 08:32 AM   #1

Lippert Ground Control 3.0 6-point will not complete auto level.

A New FW (FR XLR Nitro 321) that has a Lippert Ground Control 3.0 6-point system.

I cannot get the Auto leveling to complete (center stabilizer jack do not come down) after attempting many times at different sites. I did get it to work once at a dealer and one other time on a third attempt to auto-level. I believe that my issue resides somewhere in the pre-auto leveling stage. I cannot find any advice or guidance regarding where things NEED TO BE prior to pushing the Auto Level button/choice. Like, how far down should the front jacks be extended prior to performing auto leveling(either approx inches, or down from level or above from level or pin holes showing, etc…)?

Guidance in getting my Brand New system to work, and where things need to be PRIOR to pressing “Auto Level” would be very helpful.
tptools is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2021, 08:49 AM   #2

Our system has been a bit of a challenge as well.

We have found the front needs to be a little nose up before you press the auto level. Why, I do not know.

I use blocks to sort of minimize how much the levelers have to extend. Depending on the site, more blocks front or rear depending on the site.

Ours would lock. The DW knows how to use the screen in the rv to over ride.

Has behaved well since we were careful about nose up when disconnecting.
tomkatb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2021, 10:51 AM   #3

My Wildcat only has the 4 pt leveling system but it too likes to have the nose high before it auto levels. One thingI found out is that depending on the slope of the sight front to back I have to watch how much of the landing gear I run out before pulling the pins to drop the extensions. More if the sight falls away toward the back, little if the front of the sight is lower on the front. This prevents the front landing legs from stroking out either too little or too much preventing the rear jacks from leveling. I would assume since I only have the 4pt system that the levelers in front of the tires are the last to come down.
Chascin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2021, 10:57 AM   #4

Tomkatb, I also use leveling blocks on rear levelers and far rear stabilizers.
Chascin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2021, 08:07 PM   #5

I get mine close side to side using Anderson levelers. Put blocks under the rear jacks to minimize stroke before pushing auto level.
High Country Duramax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2021, 07:44 AM   #6

Biggest part is reading the site. So you know how many holes you need to drop the front pads. If the front of site is high and you don’t give the auto level enough drop then it can’t level. Same as if the site is low and landing gear is barely extended then may not have range to raise high enough. The extension of the front landing gear is key. Then we do use blocks. We wait to see which way the front goes. If it starts to drop then we add blocks to rear pads, if the front raises then we disperse blocks even between the rear and middle pads. Hope this is clear and helps
Old 07-31-2021, 08:29 AM   #7

The first thing the auto level sequence does is ground all the jacks. Once all the jacks are down, then it starts actually testing level status. If your center jack is not coming down, you have a problem with the controller or solenoids.
You might try rebooting the system (removing all power), ensure zero point is set, nose is slightly high, then hit auto level.
I would call LCI tech support and they will assist you in running through some diagnostics to determine the problem.
Here is the link for master manuals. Find your particular system for details: https://support.lci1.com/master-manuals/
Reese Fifth Airborne Sidewinder
NMWildcat is offline   Reply With Quote