Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-05-2020, 09:41 PM   #1

Lippert Hydraulic Jack/Slides Issue

We have a 2020 Sierra 321RL that has had numerous issues in our 1st year of ownership. It is now 14 months old and having hydraulic jack & slide issues. Got home from camping, extended front jacks & unhitched from truck. Then pushed auto level button and it said grounding jacks, nothing happened & after more time, said timed out. Went to manual mode & lowered the back jacks which ended up picking tires off the ground on one side. In manual mode, tried to retract front jacks to manually level. Would not retract & also tried back jacks & they wouldn't retract either. After trying numerous things recommended by the service dept where we purchased RV, such as turning control panel off & try again. Disconnected power, battery, waited 10 minutes, reconnected, still nothing. Even tried connecting jumper cables from truck to RV battery, still nothing! We were told to try all of this by service dept.
After searching google, forums & you tube videos, my husband opened valve for front jacks & used drill to manually retract the front jacks so we could get it hooked back up to our truck. Then had to do the same to raise the other 4 rear jacks. Now that it was fairly level, I opened the slides in kitchen/living area to remove food, etc. since we will most likely have to bring in to dealer on Monday. Then the slides would not retract. So, my husband again located the correct valve for the hydraulics to slide, used drill and manually got them back in.
Looking for suggestions or knowledge of what the cause is of this issue? I've read about possible in line fuse, relay switch???
I'm sure hoping it can be figured out. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!
endoellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2020, 08:40 AM   #2

Welcome to the forum its a great place to get your questions answered. there has been a rash of problems with these leveling units. One of the main culprits according to LCI is the control wiring harness. I'm not sure how to check this but I would contact LCI and see what they have to say. Good Luck
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2020, 09:21 AM   #3

Based on my experience I can only guess that the control panel needs replacing. I'd call Lippert tomorrow morning; I've heard positive things about their support team walking you through issues.
phillyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2020, 07:26 AM   #4

Not sure of your other issues, but if my batteries are not at 100% then my level will time out before it levels.
FirstFiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2020, 10:20 AM   #5

Exclamation Lippert Hdraulic Jack/Slides Issue

I purchased a 2012 FR Georgetown last year. First trip out I tried to retract the Jacks and they lowered pushing the entire vehicle off the ground. Being new at it I left her in that position and called a mobile RV repair service that assessed the situation and lowered the vehicle. They then called Lippert. Lippert sent a new controller and harness and considered it a warranty issue. I paid only for the service, the parts were free. My point is that I recommend that you have a professional look at it and if necessary call Lippert directly.
redtoport is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hydraulic, jacks, slide