Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-12-2012, 02:46 PM   #1

Loose vinyl flooring

We picked up our first travel trailer (2109 S) Rockwood 48 hrs ago. At pickup I noticed the vinyl flooring was loose..sort of bubbled. The dealer told us it just wasn't stretched properly and he would fix it. It appeared that he did because on inspection before we left it seemed ok. The next day we had rain for 24 hours and when I went inside the trailer there were more areas of the floor in the same area that were loose and bubbled. Not sure if rain had anything to do with it but sure is my fear. It is a 2013 and was on the dealer lot for a couple of months. Obviously under warranty but if it is a water issue what damage could already have been done? And if it isn't from a water leak what else could it be? We were so excited and some of the new owner glow is gone. W e do have an appointment with dealer tomorrow but 80 mile round trip. Has anyone else experienced anything similar?
jmoore6915 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 01:03 PM   #2

We have the same model; took delivery in July. While I havn't noticed any bubbles, I have noticed when vacuuming the floor with a shop vac the vinyl lifts a little in various spots. In the storage compartment under the bed most of it is not adhered. Because it extends under the walls it stays in place. The only thing I am concerned about is the vinyl puckering and tearing as I slide something into the storage area. I plan to ask the dealer about it.
mararra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 07:50 PM   #3

most of the vinyl in RV's is perimeter stapled, and loose in the center. the trailer and/or the vinyl can react to changes in humidity and create a wrinkle/bubble. Here where I live we see lots of them shrink so much in the winter the vinyl will break across the trailer.
akcampr is offline   Reply With Quote