Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-01-2010, 08:36 PM   #1

Low toilet Pressure

I have recently bought a FRS 291 and this is my first TT. I have been using it for the first time here in Gulfshores Al. I've been in it for a week now with no problems at all, but have recently noticed that I have low toilet water pressure. I still get good pressure throughout the rest of the camper and have tried un-hooking from the water source here at the camp ground but have not sucessfully fixed the problem. I am pretty good at fixing things or at least figuring them out and I have come to the conclusion that it might be in the fixture behind the toilet. I have no leaks anywhere and not sure what to do next. the water will come out but its more of a trickle than a swirl around the bowl. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.
westside medic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 08:40 PM   #2

Hi and welcome to FRF
If you have good pressure in all other places I would think it was some garbage in the line close to the toilet valve. I would take off the line with all water off and try to flush the line with some help into a bucket. If the line seems clear I would look into the toilet valvel having an issue. It may not be opening up 100% for some reason.

Hope this gets you going.
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 08:50 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by iggy View Post
hi and welcome to fsf
What is FSF ???

Flushing System Forever ???
milzat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 08:51 PM   #4

Makes sense. Is the valve replaceable by itself or do I have to buy a new toilet?
Old 08-01-2010, 08:56 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by milzat View Post
What is FSF ???
Flushing System Forever ???

YES
Me Bad FRF forever...
Old 08-01-2010, 08:57 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by westside medic View Post
Makes sense. Is the valve replaceable by itself or do I have to buy a new toilet?
Yes they are a replaceable part.
Check the front of the toilet below the rim . It should have a label with brand and model toilet. ( in most cases)
Old 08-01-2010, 09:12 PM   #7

Thx. I have now noticed that I get an innitial burst of water then comes the pathetic trickle. The toilet is a thetford Mod 31684. Ill look into it