Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-24-2010, 08:04 PM   #1
Infractee

LP hose adapter to portable grill?

Trying to find a propane hose that I can plug into the quick disconnect hose built into my camper, and the other end has an adapter that will plug into the regulator on a portable grill. ( to take the place of the 1lb disposable cans)

I have seen a lot of hose adapter kits for sale that plug directly into a 20/30 Lb bottle and then into the portable grill just not anything that will plug into the QD hose that came with camper.

Have searched on the forum and was unable to find info on this so I am starting a new thread, if this has been covered let me know.

Anybody seen anything like that?
RhoZeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 09:42 PM   #2
Anacortesians

It all depends where the quick disconnect is hooked into the RV system. Almost all potable grills have a regulator that expects to see tank outlet pressure, which it than handles tha same as if a small bottle were hooked up.

If the QD is upstream of your RV's regulator, it's "probably" OK. If it's downstream then you have to remove the regulator on your grill. I don't know if what your RV's regulator puts out is compatible with the grill.

Murphy would probably rule that it's not!

You need to talk to someone who understands these thinge better than I do, but at least I've given you a couple of pointers!
Old 12-24-2010, 10:58 PM   #3

I got just what you describe at home depot. Cost about $15. Works great, but the hose is a bit short.
rcpd34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 11:57 PM   #4

I think you need something like this. RV connection hose - Camp Chef - The Way to Cook Outdoors kind of spendy, maybe you can find one cheaper somewhere else. I use one like it for a quick connection I have on our trailer to our portable stove.
Campster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 10:54 AM   #5

Quote:
I got just what you describe at home depot. Cost about $15. Works great, but the hose is a bit short.
I assume that wa a Home Depot in the US? Any idea what the part number is?

Wooly
wooly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 12:27 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by wooly View Post
I assume that wa a Home Depot in the US? Any idea what the part number is?

Wooly
Yes, in MD this past summer. Sorry, but I don't have the number. It was in the seasonal section with all of the grill supplies.
rcpd34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 05:30 PM   #7
Infractee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campster View Post
I think you need something like this. RV connection hose - Camp Chef - The Way to Cook Outdoors kind of spendy, maybe you can find one cheaper somewhere else. I use one like it for a quick connection I have on our trailer to our portable stove.

That is almost exactly what I am needing, the only other thing I would need is to adapt the hose to the regulator/controller that is on the grill, where the 1Lb LP bottle screws on to it. I am sure there is such a thing, probably an NPT size.
Thanks for the link!
RhoZeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 06:08 PM   #8

I would be guessing but from my experiences I would say that you connection on your rv is after the regulator- therefore you will have to have a grill with no regulator-you cannot have 2 regulators in the line. The grills that take the 1 lb bottles have a regulator built into the control.
ayotte is offline   Reply With Quote