Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-19-2020, 08:08 PM   #1

Magnadyne M4 LCD Navigation System

I'm having a problem with my Magnadyne M4 LCD GPS system . While driving to Cape Cod a few weeks ago the GPS just stopped working . Everything else works fine Radio ,BT ,CD , etc. I removed the SD card thinking it needed an update, but when I insert it into my laptop to do the update my laptop doesn't read the SD card.
I contacted Magnadyne and spoke with Tech Support and explained the problem they told me it sounded like the SD card was possibly wiped clean from a power surge in the system . I asked if a new SD card can be purchased and was told that this system was discontinued and could no longer be updated and suggested I purchase a new system for $700 .Does anyone know if there's an aftermarket SD card for this navigation system or a compatible replacement system .
Thanks for the help.
Take the longway home is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2020, 09:12 PM   #2

The SD card is probably just a regular SD card. You should (in theory) be able to buy a new one from just about anywhere.

The software isn't available from the manufacturer any longer? You should just be able to download the software to the SD card. Doesn't make sense that they wouldn't offer you an older version.
007matman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2020, 06:03 AM   #3

When I asked if I could purchase a new SD with the software program I was told it was discontinued for the M4 model.
So your saying if I use a new SD card and download the software this should work? When I press the GPS button ,l get no response . Is that because the program is no longer on the SD card ?
Thanks for your help
Old 09-20-2020, 09:25 AM   #4

I have a Ford Sync in my car and a no name aftermarket in my TV and both will tell me to "Insert SD card" if it is not there or can not be read. If you get blank screen it sounds to me like a hardware fault.
Dwilcox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2020, 02:10 PM   #5
7 Year Class A RV'er

I removed our M4 unit from our 2015 Legacy and replaced it with a simple monitor for the cameras. I have the whole unit here, not being used. PM me your mailing address and I can send it to you if you think it will help.
conceptumator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2020, 02:28 PM   #6

Try this. I sert thé SD card and power on. In the lower left corner is a little reset button that you push with a pen. Press and hold to reset the unit.
Garrette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2020, 07:15 PM   #7

I tried to reset with no success. I'm Thinking its a Hardware issue as Dwilcox mentioned . I'm looking at replacing with another unit.
Thanks for everyone thoughts.
Old 04-28-2021, 07:36 PM   #8

Anyone have a Working Copy?

Hello:

I have searched through the forum and found a thread with suggestions on how to fix a crashing M4-LCD Navi. I was unable to respond to the thread because it was so old. I followed directions from the thread to try and fix crashing issue I continue to have with my M4-LCD unit. I was unable to get it to work. In fact it went to from intermittent failure to crashing every time. It gets stuck on the POI Manager INIT screen and then crashes.

I too have been on the phone with Magnadyne and they confirm that they no longer support or sell the M4-LCD SD card for the navigation.

Does anyone have a working copy of the software that they would be willing to share?

Thanks.

Will
Old 04-29-2021, 12:06 PM   #9

Magnadyne M4

Hey SD 3011DS , That's what worked for me . With the help from conceptumator sending me his SD card from his old unit ( Thanks Again) .
Hopefully someone has an old unit their not using and can send you the SD card to help you out.
Best of luck.
Old 04-29-2021, 03:41 PM   #10

Thanks Longway Home.

Hopefully someone else has one sitting around unused.
Old 09-19-2021, 06:26 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by conceptumator View Post
I removed our M4 unit from our 2015 Legacy and replaced it with a simple monitor for the cameras. I have the whole unit here, not being used. PM me your mailing address and I can send it to you if you think it will help.
I see this post is a year old, but just wondering what you used for GPS and where is it mounted? My Magnadyne is still working but for sure is a POS. Many of the functions have always been irritating.
Old 09-20-2021, 02:08 PM   #12

Hello captnrick3:

In case this helps, I finally gave up and installed a Pioneer AVH-2500NEX, and I couldn't be happier. It solved a multitude of problems I was having and I only really sacrificed one thing. Here is a list of what replacing the Magnadyne unit did for me:
1. the Pioneer Unit doesn't have build in navigation, but connecting my smartphone to Android Auto works seamlessly, and it projects Google Maps with traffic onto the screen nicely, so GPS is actually improved from a functional standpoint.
2. The subwoofer only worked on FM radio on the Magnadyne, it now works great on all functions.
3. The AVH-2500NEX is remote control compatible, so you can still control it from elsewhere in the coach. It also comes with DVD player which is nice when you don't have a TV or internet signal and still want to entertain the kids.
4. Super easy to access functions in comparison to the Magnadyne.

The only drawback is that it is not 5.1 surround sound, so there is no center channel speaker. If I were to do it differently, I would put the coach's center channel wire on the Right Front speaker to make it work. Other than that, it has been a huge improvement. The sound from the head unit is much better as well.

Cost was around $450 including ordering the mounting kit if I remember correctly.

Hope that is helpful.