Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-23-2015, 05:09 AM   #61

Quote:
Originally Posted by gljurczyk View Post
My marker lights keep blowing the 20 amp fuse towing with my new to me 2007 f250 6.0. Same problem with my old 2004, so FR was wrong it is not my truck, any ideas?
I think Post#1 is Very Clear,BOTH Ford Trucks and Same Issue! It is the Trailer! OR Glenn is batting 100% on Ford trucks Blowing his Running Light's! Youroo!!
youroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2015, 06:03 AM   #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by youroo View Post
I think Post#1 is Very Clear,BOTH Ford Trucks and Same Issue! It is the Trailer! OR Glenn is batting 100% on Ford trucks Blowing his Running Light's! Youroo!!
You are 100% correct, I can rule the truck out, It's been happening Since day one not a new problem. Checked that short finder on Amazon is that correct, they are over 100.00 bucks. My dealer used something like that. He plugged the pig tail into it and it showed the amps and everything checked out said it was my truck, took it to Ford they charged me 135.00 bucks to tell me it was my trailer. Hey Youroo, I'm the only camper flying my ARMY STRONG, and worst my USA FLAG. People are different here at the bottom of the USA. Nice bar through.....

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2015, 06:38 AM   #63

Hit and Miss Movement Elect. Shorts are a Real Test on one's Nerves! I think you are going about it the Right way by (Researching at the BAR)! A lot of Good input can be secured at a Bar,very simular to Internet feedback! I hear you on the US flag! Yesterday was a Battle with our Local Town,the US flagpole pulley's broke so they took down the US flag and left the Ohio flag and City flag up,untill the Parts come in to Repair the US flagpole! Nope,I said take down the Ohio and City Flags and JUST fly the US Flag until the pole is repaired! We now have the US Flag flying again at City Hall/Police station! When the Flag's of a Country come Down it is NEVER a Good thing! Glad you are Flying your's /Our's Glenn!! Youroo!!
Old 12-23-2015, 01:53 PM   #64

Quote:
Originally Posted by youroo View Post
Hit and Miss Movement Elect. Shorts are a Real Test on one's Nerves! I think you are going about it the Right way by (Researching at the BAR)! A lot of Good input can be secured at a Bar,very simular to Internet feedback! I hear you on the US flag! Yesterday was a Battle with our Local Town,the US flagpole pulley's broke so they took down the US flag and left the Ohio flag and City flag up,untill the Parts come in to Repair the US flagpole! Nope,I said take down the Ohio and City Flags and JUST fly the US Flag until the pole is repaired! We now have the US Flag flying again at City Hall/Police station! When the Flag's of a Country come Down it is NEVER a Good thing! Glad you are Flying your's /Our's Glenn!! Youroo!!
My CG here in Florida City USA, Army Strong and Proud.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	001.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	481.5 KB
ID:	96696   Click image for larger version

Name:	Xmas 2 004.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	294.6 KB
ID:	96697   Click image for larger version

Name:	003.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	674.1 KB
ID:	96698  

Old 12-23-2015, 02:52 PM   #65
Mod free 5er

Quote:
You are 100% correct, I can rule the truck out, It's been happening Since day one not a new problem. Checked that short finder on Amazon is that correct, they are over 100.00 bucks. My dealer used something like that. He plugged the pig tail into it and it showed the amps and everything checked out said it was my truck, took it to Ford they charged me 135.00 bucks to tell me it was my trailer.
So, how was it fixed and allowed you to tow 1000's of miles and now you switch trucks and the problem reappears? Look at the truck receptacle.
Old 12-23-2015, 03:18 PM   #66

Looks Good Glenn,are you running your (Running Light's) at night also? Is that Sye's Tiki Hut? Do you have a Membership? Youroo!! Army Strong!
Old 12-23-2015, 07:07 PM   #67
Left Coast

Send a message via Yahoo to bob caldwell
Only 'marker lights' Glenn has, that works, is a carbide lantern he carries around.....unless he's spoof'n us...
bob caldwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2015, 07:46 PM   #68
Georgia Rally Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCoot View Post
Come on fellas, Glenn has towed that trailer 1000's of miles without a problem with the lights and all he does is switch trucks and the problem occurs so it is the trailer? Pretty big stretch!!!!

Blame FR, not FOMOCO or the truck receptacle? Get real!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Don't see anything saying reoccurs here. Have to go with what Turbs said. Later RJD
2018 Dodge Ram 2500 6.4 3:73 gearing.(sold) (sold) 2015 Chevy 2500 6.0, 4:10
Traded 2015 30WRLIKS V-Lite
Days camped 2019 62
Days camped 2020 49 days camped 2021-74 2022-40 days 2023 5 days
aceinspp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2015, 07:52 PM   #69
Left Coast

Glenn said it happens with both trucks....Maybe needs a DODGE fuse....
Old 12-23-2015, 07:56 PM   #70

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob caldwell View Post
Glenn said it happens with both trucks....Maybe needs a DODGE fuse....
Yep that's what I read. Just commenting that from other post said he drove 1000 of miles and never had a problem with old truck. Later RJD
Days camped 2019 62
Old 12-23-2015, 08:28 PM   #71

Quote:
Originally Posted by aceinspp View Post
Yep that's what I read. Just commenting that from other post said he drove 1000 of miles and never had a problem with old truck. Later RJD
I guess you either read wrong or didn't understand, this problem has been going on since I bought the trailer. I have a new truck and still have the problem. IT IS NOT THE TRUCK. It is the trailer wiring, Paid to have the old truck checked and it came out find, have a different truck and still have the problem.... I have never said I drove a 1000 miles that was OC, and he is just plain wrong. I have always had the problem from when I bought the trailer. I can jumper it out and wiggle the cord and it still will not blow the fuse. There has to be a staple somewhere that when in motion it shorts out. This was all stated in the 1st post.

Old 12-23-2015, 08:33 PM   #72
Left Coast

Round trip and a taxi ride would get it fixed!
Old 12-23-2015, 08:33 PM   #73
Mod free 5er

Quote:
I guess you either read wrong or didn't understand, this problem has been going on since I bought the trailer. I have a new truck and still have the problem. IT IS NOT THE TRUCK. It is the trailer wiring, Paid to have the old truck checked and it came out find, have a different truck and still have the problem....
1st I've heard of it in all the time I've traveled with you.
OldCoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2015, 05:59 AM   #74

That's because we always traveled during the day together, never had them on. I gave up on it. Now that I have nothing but time down here I was going to try and find it. Really forgot about it until I left my resettable fuse in the other truck. When driving down here in the rain and had to use my lights it blew the fuse again. All the lights work just sitting here but when I travel it blows. Got another 20 amp resettable yesterday and installed it. I'll let Goshen figure it out, It's documented with the dealer. I think it would qualify as a safety issue. By the way Merry Xmas to you and Frankie.

Old 12-24-2015, 06:15 AM   #75

Glenn,you need to type Slower so they understand! Youroo!! We are going to the American Legion and Delivering (Food & Kids Gifts) to 100 Families, This is a Job that Brings Tears to your eyes! Merry Christmas to Everyone! Youroo!!
Old 12-24-2015, 07:41 AM   #76
Left Coast

See Glenn, your problem is our problem........no body can sleep!
Old 12-24-2015, 08:02 AM   #77

Marker lights keep blowing fuse

Figured you had dog door for white dog to relieve by himself. So you can sleep !!

Russell
CAT-RN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2015, 08:03 AM   #78

Quote:
I guess you either read wrong or didn't understand, this problem has been going on since I bought the trailer. I have a new truck and still have the problem. IT IS NOT THE TRUCK. It is the trailer wiring, Paid to have the old truck checked and it came out find, have a different truck and still have the problem.... I have never said I drove a 1000 miles that was OC, and he is just plain wrong. I have always had the problem from when I bought the trailer. I can jumper it out and wiggle the cord and it still will not blow the fuse. There has to be a staple somewhere that when in motion it shorts out. This was all stated in the 1st post.
Read it right commenting that you had this issue from get go. It was a quote. Guess you miss read mine. Later RJD
Days camped 2019 62
Old 12-24-2015, 08:08 AM   #79
Left Coast

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAT-RN View Post
Figured you had dog door for white dog to relieve by himself.

Russell
Not needed....just leave door open, with a Vincent Price home entertainment center plugged in .....
Old 12-24-2015, 01:03 PM   #80

Quote:
Originally Posted by aceinspp View Post
Read it right commenting that you had this issue from get go. It was a quote. Guess you miss read mine. Later RJD
aceinspp, It wasn't meant for you I know you read it right, Just used your post. It was for others who seem to have CRS. Guess I shouldn't have used yours. Certain people just can't read. Not You, sorry if you took offense it wasn't you I was talking about. Thanks for your response and help. I have check everything including pulling each light and then resealing it a PITA. It has to be a staple or something. Even if I let them go out, they will come back on for a while. Nothing shows a short, so something has to be rubbing in transit only. No wonder why FR said they would have to pull the whole roof off to find it. Way past my useless dealer capability. I will write this one up for Goshen. Should have done it 3 years ago. But anyway Merry Xmas to you and your family, see ya in Mayberry.... Maybe your post of 68 would have been better, since it has been recurring since I picked the trailer up in Feb of 2012.