Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-22-2020, 01:17 PM   #1

MiniLite drawer alignment

Greetings,

I just noticed that the drawer under the stove on my 2020 Rockwood MiniLite 2109S is skewed. The right side of the draw sticks out about a half inch. This keeps that side of the drawer from latching. The drawer hasn't opened while driving since there's nothing heavy in it.

I pulled the drawer and everything is tight. The slides seem to be fastened in the same location on both sides of the cabinet although the right side is perhaps 1/8" deeper in the cabinet. If anything this would have the opposite affect. Has anyone seen this or have a recommended fix? As I recall the warranty has a time limit on adjustments such as this that's less than the full warranty. The pictures should illustrate the issue. Thanks for reading.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	drawer-l.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	219.0 KB
ID:	227453   Click image for larger version

Name:	drawer-r.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	246.4 KB
ID:	227454  
MarkPW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2020, 07:11 AM   #2

Did both side tracks fully lock back in when you put the drawer back in? You can check this by pulling the drawer to it's full extension point and feeling the tracks stop at the same time on each side.

I had a track get a little bent and a few ball bearings fell out, it wouldn't let the drawer fully close. I ended up removing the drawer and repairing the slide and it now works properly.

Also check to make sure that drawer isn't hitting anything in the very back. The factory rear rail supports for that particular drawer are junk in our trailer and move around, so I am going to have to build an adequate structure to mount the drawer slide rails to in the back. I also noticed that the side rails on the drawer were loose on ours.

The rails need to be mounted the same depths into the cabinet also.

2020 Rockwood Mini Lite 2109S
2022 Ford F-350 Lariat, 4x4, CC, SRW, 7.3L
01tundra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2020, 09:18 AM   #3

OEM drawer slides are usually not high quality. Save yourself some frustration, measure the drawer and existing slides and go to a hardware store and buy some good drawer slides to replace yours with. You will fix the alignment problem at the same time.
While your at it, replace the drawer catch with a better catch. We usually get the 15lb catches.
We replace all the catches and slides when we get a new RV. Saves me frustration down the road, not having to replace them one at a time
Reese Fifth Airborne Sidewinder
NMWildcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2020, 10:53 AM   #4

Thanks for the replies. I think maybe the root cause may be the rear supports that 01tundra mentioned. I need to check it with a square. Perhaps the rear wood support is not square and the entire drawer is sitting at an angle in the opening.
Old 04-28-2020, 05:56 PM   #5

Finally found the root of the problem. I thought it might be the rear slide support not being square. The support for this drawer is just a piece of plywood fastened to the floor with a vertical piece of plywood on each side. I got out my roofing square an checked it and the slides are perfectly square with the face frame. Turns out the drawer itself is not square. I have a service appointment in early July provided we're past this shelter in place situation. I'll have them try to get a replacement from Forest River.

Tags
alignment, lite