Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-23-2011, 02:03 AM   #1

Moving the Driver seat??

At 6'7 and 300lbs, I am considered a big guy. It has been somewhat uncomfortable to drive long distances because I'm cramped up behind the wheel! Has anyone ever moved the driver seat mounting post? Seat is adjusted all the way rearward (four notches by lever) and wheel is tilted up but is still too close to steering wheel. Is there adjustments that can be done without redrilling the floor or mounting post? I would like not to have to change steering wheel from the 17.5" to a 15.5" wheel, seems a lot of work for 2 inches not to mention $$$. Any suggestions: confused:

2008 georgetown 315 ds
Bluegrasser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 07:59 AM   #2

Now I am not being a samrt-arse when I say this.
We have a Scenicruiser bus. When driving a friends Scenicruiser down in Florida I could barely fit behind the wheel. I have since lost 40 pounds in 5 months by staying away from fast food, eating only whole grain breads I make in a bread machine, eating olive oil along with a little bit of salad dressing on salads, and generally keeping healthy foods around instead of junk.
I feel like a million, I sleep better, wake up refreashed instead of 'dduuhh', and get around much better!
And moving a seat can be a pain!
And yes I fit behind the wheel much better!
Jack
PS...my wife LOVES the new me!

2015 Silverado High Country.
jackhartjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 11:21 PM   #3

Not the answer I was looking for, nor is it an appropiate answer for the question. Yes you are being a jerk to assume weight is the issue. If I had asked for a lesson in weight loss I'd asked Jenny not this forum
Bluegrasser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 06:38 AM   #4
CLASS "A" Senior Member

I was just looking under my seat yesterday. Dang Stink Bugs in the door jamb made me wonder if any took up residency under my seat for the winter. I'm happy to report there were none, door jamb, different story. 18 of those little stinkers were behind the rubber seal and still kicking when they hit the ground.
Now to the seat, I only see 2 possible solutions. First, remove the nuts from the bolts and drill new holes to reposition the seat. Second, find a metal fabricator that can weld a plate or frame to the seat framing and weld bolts to go back into the existing holes, this only saves having to fill the holes and drill new ones. There is enough wiring to move the seat without needing to extend any of the wire though. Shoulder belt should be ok as well.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 07:57 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluegrasser View Post
Not the answer I was looking for, nor is it an appropiate answer for the question. Yes you are being a jerk to assume weight is the issue. If I had asked for a lesson in weight loss I'd asked Jenny not this forum
i like your answer sounds like my wifes husband's response (me)
brianj
take us
tncruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 11:33 PM   #6

I started my post by saying I was not trying to come off a smart you know what. I am sorry if you were offended.
Jack

2015 Silverado High Country.
jackhartjr is offline   Reply With Quote