Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-08-2018, 09:54 AM   #1

My RV control center LCI tank monitor not functioning.

We have been living for a month in MH and the tank monitor ( all tanks) was working fine. Then over a period of days we started experiencing inaccurate readings then nothing at all. Has anyone dealt with this and if so what was the resolution. Thanks Wayne
2017 Forester 3051 SF
wesnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 10:10 AM   #2

Tanks need to be flushed especially the gray tank.
T paper gets hung up on sensors. Had the Same issue.
Vernon Gay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 12:51 PM   #3

No readings at all (fresh water, battery, etc)?
2011 Starcraft 392BHUw/Andersen No-Sway

chaps2018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 01:24 PM   #4

Sorry,
No advise on this one.
Vernon Gay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 03:02 PM   #5

We've come to accept that the black & grey tank monitors will never work for long. So now we don't sweat it...just go a few days and dump.
That said...the GEO method has adherents for cleaning the tank and getting things operating again. Here it is:
GEO...Empty tanks then add 2cups powdered Calgon water softener in 1 gallon hot water+ 1 cup laundry detergent to each. Use tanks & empty when full. Repeat until sensors work...then use occasionally.
This article gives some tips and a slightly different method...
https://wheelingit.us/2012/03/21/rv-...he-geo-method/
2019 Vespa Primavera 150's (pair)
camaraderie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 03:46 PM   #6

My black tanks been stuck on 3 lights forever. Last trip filled tank until i saw the 4th light then dumped a half of a gallon of bleach and twice drove between destinations and no change. I dump my gray water every morning and dump my black tank soon as number 4 light comes on.I may put Horst sensors in if I get a chance or just whatch for the 4th light.
poppytoymaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 04:02 PM   #7

The sensors used in the tanks for the MyRV system are the same sensors used in the typical monitoring systems, with the same issues. I was very surprised that in my coach the gray tank sensors were Horst probes. FR did use the black tank style (straight) probes in the gray tank. The bottom most (common) probe became covered with crud. Cleaning with the GEO method did not resolve the issue, which was tank reading empty all the time. Replacing the probe solved the issue.

OP Try the GEO cleaning method, if not swap out the probes or as has been suggested just empty every few days. You will quickly learn how long you can go between dumps.

2021 Newmar Baystar 3401
2019 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk toad
2017.5 Forester 3051S Traded 7/2020
Steve-W is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 10:31 PM   #8

I have installed the Iseries tank monitoring system on several campers now and swear by it. It uses copper tape on the outside of the tank with sensors to read capacitance. It does take some work running new wires but it is dead in all the time and reads in 1% intervals. The company that sells them is called Tank Edge:
Dinostop is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tank