Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-18-2015, 04:53 AM   #1

myRV linc tablet on FR VIBE?

We just found out that the new VIBE models have the option of having the myRV linc tablet that supposedly operates the interior/exterior lights, stabilizer jacks (auto level), slide outs, hvac, awnings and even monitor the status of tire pressure, tanks, and battery.

Does anyone have experience with this system? is it as good as it sounds? We have the option of getting a model with or without it and im really leaning towards the model with it.
waltah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 08:16 PM   #2

So far it sucks. Mine only worked for a couple hours and even better is they say it's wired in series. Which means that if one thing stops working then it all stops working. So now nothing works on mine.
Lilrascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015, 09:00 AM   #3
Director, FROG

LilRascal, I just sent you a private message.

Bob Byrne
Director, Forest River Owners' Group (FROG)
frog@forestriverinc.com
www.forestriverfrog.com
F.R.O.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015, 09:02 AM   #4

Thank you I did see that I will email him.
Old 04-29-2015, 07:42 PM   #5

We only have the little I pod size remote in our 272 vibe but like it only problem is the front jacks are the rear ones on the pad lol but it makes it easy for the wife and kid to help set up

Clancy vibe272bhs
timothy clancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 07:44 PM   #6

I'm in contact with forest river right now with mine I can help more people when I get done or they can help they are great over at the manufacturer
Old 04-30-2015, 10:06 PM   #7

We just bought a Vibe and did our second setup today. So far the tablet has been awesome. Allows us to continue the setup without restricting our movements.
Joshuab009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 10:21 PM   #8

Ok so this weekend I made it back to the camper and installed the parts that forest river shipped right to me. New board and wifi extender and now I love this tablet control. Great for setting up the camper and just a new toy. Also HUGE SHOUT OUT to the guys at forest river that spent hours helping me find the problem and the super fast shipping of the parts to my house so I could fix it myself. I would buy another camper from them in a heart beat
Old 05-20-2015, 01:08 PM   #9
Director, FROG

I love stories with happy endings!

Bob Byrne
Director, Forest River Owners' Group (FROG)
frog@forestriverinc.com
www.forestriverfrog.com
F.R.O.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2015, 06:44 PM   #10

Ok, I have a Heritage Glen 368RLBH with this tablet. When its working I love it for the most part. Two issues that I have, 1 - it keeps plowing the 30 amp fuse on the control board, 2 - I can't use it outside as it keeps loosing WiFi signal. F.R.O.G. can you help.
willy13fl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2015, 06:54 PM   #11

Frog got me in touch with a guy that fixes this stuff. First off you need to make sure that you have enough power or the fuse will blow I only use when hooked to shore power. Second the first generation circuit board is known to have a relay that sticks and blows the fuse. Now onto the wifi they have an extender that works great on mine now. Before I had the same problem. Now I can use my tablet two sites away.
Old 07-16-2015, 07:07 PM   #12

Thanks for info. I have only used it when its on shore power.
Old 07-21-2015, 10:36 PM   #13

I have the full tablet version on my Hemisphere 272RLIS, and it stopped working all together. It won't power on anymore. I need to get back to the dealer, but they always want to keep the whole trailer for even the most minor repairs. I'm too busy enjoying it to go through that. is there a way to get a replacement from the manufacturer?
Old 07-22-2015, 03:31 PM   #14

I just got a Vibe 308BHS and it has the tablet. Now first let me say Im a tech junkie and have like 6 tablets (just looked and I have two on my desk in front of me right this sec) and use them all the time. I like using my smartphone to keep me organized and use Google Now for reminders, grocery list and etc.

The only thing the tablet really does is turn the Led awning light off and on, lower and raise stabilizer jacks and works the slides. It doesn't do anything else. It does not have tank monitors, cant do the awning, doesn't work any lights except for the LED on the awning and for sure doesn't work the AC. No granted, I was told it would, but it doesn't. In fact, I was teaching the guy at the dealership how to work instead of him showing me. Frankly I find it much easier to just go out and do the jacks themselves and when you take the tablet out into the Texas sun you cant read it anyways. Mine only last like 10 mins unplugged before the battery is low anyways. I like the idea, just not practical for me. If I could have saved some money I would've done without.

I would MUCH rather have this on my phone instead of it having its own tablet.
beerbuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 06:57 PM   #15

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerbuggy View Post
I just got a Vibe 308BHS and it has the tablet. Now first let me say Im a tech junkie and have like 6 tablets (just looked and I have two on my desk in front of me right this sec) and use them all the time. I like using my smartphone to keep me organized and use Google Now for reminders, grocery list and etc.

The only thing the tablet really does is turn the Led awning light off and on, lower and raise stabilizer jacks and works the slides. It doesn't do anything else. It does not have tank monitors, cant do the awning, doesn't work any lights except for the LED on the awning and for sure doesn't work the AC. No granted, I was told it would, but it doesn't. In fact, I was teaching the guy at the dealership how to work instead of him showing me. Frankly I find it much easier to just go out and do the jacks themselves and when you take the tablet out into the Texas sun you cant read it anyways. Mine only last like 10 mins unplugged before the battery is low anyways. I like the idea, just not practical for me. If I could have saved some money I would've done without.

I would MUCH rather have this on my phone instead of it having its own tablet.
Totally agree! That would make more sense. The system has the ability to display tank levels, so not sure why FR didn't set it up that way.
Old 07-22-2015, 07:07 PM   #16

Guess I'm old school, but it's easier for me to just hit the awning buttons or jack buttons. It came with the Vibe, but probably will never use it...
Old 07-22-2015, 09:36 PM   #17

I like the fact that when im hooking up, if i need to raise or lower it, that i can from inside my truck.
Old 07-22-2015, 09:39 PM   #18

And when setting up, i can raise or lower while in site of my level, other wise my arms would need to be about a foot longer for me to be able to reach the controls.
Old 07-22-2015, 09:40 PM   #19

I still have not heard back from FROG.
Old 07-22-2015, 09:41 PM   #20

Going to call FR on Friday.

Tags
vibe