Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-19-2021, 06:53 PM   #1

New roof needed ion 2019 Forester 3051SF

We purchased our Forester in December of 2019, took our first short trip a weekend in May of 2020, a two week trip in fall of 2020. The camper then went into dealer to replace a defective control panel, perform the annual 40 point check, winterize and fix generator problem. We took it home and stored it till June of 2021 when we die a weekend trip. While cleaning up from that trip we discovered water stains in the cabover and wallpaper bubbling in the slideout walls and ceiling. We took it back to dealer and was told that it was a seal problem and all slide panels and ceiling would have to be replaced. The camper was out of warranty but Forest river agreed to supply the parts and the dealer agreed to give me a break on labor cost. We had a two week trip planned that I could not cancel so the plan was to have the dealer do a quick fix on the seals so we could make the trip and then we would bring it back for the repairs. We did this and I was told today that now the entire roof would need to be replaced. Labor for this would be $5K plus not including the previous work. Forest River is going to provide the new roof but we are now looking at $20K in repairs to a two year old camper that has been serviced regularly by the dealer. This is not meant to be just a venting but I neeed to know if there is a lemon law for campers or if anyone has any advice for me.
95impala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2021, 09:21 PM   #2

Lemon laws vary by state, so you'll likely need to get legal advice to find out for sure.

My understanding is that in most States, lemon laws do not apply to recreational vehicles.
Old 11-17-2021, 08:29 PM   #3

I had a issue years ago where the a/c was not installed properly. 35’ 5ther
Needed a new roof only after a couple of years. Dealer wanted me to pays 50%
Not Happening! The roof has a 10 year warranty. We also had a lot of other major issues… My dad and I replaced the roof in a week at $1,200 in parts. Good Luck
mfMcFroggierPod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2021, 09:06 PM   #4

If dealer been doing all maintenance i would be asking questions on why they didn't catch all this when it was in the shop.i wouldn't put that money into that unit not worth it if you owe on it let them repossess it.also are you sure this shop isn't trying make alot of money off of you.i would also get some illegal advice before proceeding.just my 2 cents
Gmoney67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2021, 10:05 PM   #5

My faith in Forest river is quickly dissolving. I've read nothing good about them, and after buying my 2 year old camper and finding wood rot already, I'm thinking I've made a huge mistake.. too deep into it now and it is used, sold "as Is". Also found news reports on the company and their failure to help customers for years and shotty builds.
billcrews81 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
305, 3051s, forester, roo, roof