Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-04-2021, 01:29 PM   #1

No start, Service air bag

I have a 2014 Sunseeker TS2500 on a Chevy chassis. We are about to go away but when I went to start the RV, it will not start and had a "service air bag" message. It has a B0098-52 code, Passenger air bag disable switch circuit-Compare Failure that was read on the OBD2 reader.
Looking on the internet, the only common fault was the impact sensor but it is the wrong code and when I disconnected the impact sensor under the front of the vehicle, the correct code came up and stopped when i reconnected it.

Has anyone had this problem ? Does the passenger airbag switch on the dash go bad? Is there a way to test it? When I disconnected that plug, no other errors came up. I know it seems more like a Chevy chassis problem but I am getting desperate.
Old 09-04-2021, 03:02 PM   #2

Sunseeker Chevy owners HELP

I was looking under the passenger seat and there is a electrical plug coming out of the floor that is not connected to anything. There does not appear to be anything electrical in the way of wires under the passenger seat. Can another Sunseeker Chevy owner confirm that the plug under the passenger seat does not plug into anything????
Old 09-04-2021, 06:57 PM   #3

Solved it

I did not get any replies but spent all day trying to track this down. I finally found someone with the same problems on a GM truck forum. For anyone else with this problem, the solution was a bad starter/run relay, relay #15 in the engine fuse box. You can test it by swapping it with the #40 AC relay to see if it works.
The problem was tough because it started with a check airbag warning. This message went away as soon as the relay was changed.
This is a great Forum but I was a little disappointed that I received no replies.
Old 09-04-2021, 07:13 PM   #4

I’m kind of surprised too… maybe everyone is on holiday. I don’t own a MH at all,but I’m glad you found the problem and came back to report the solution. You were under no obligation to do so.

Hope,you,have a fun and safe trip…

2016 Siverback 33IK, Towed 50K+ mile
2018 Ford F-350 Lariat 6.7L V8 Diesel 4WD Crew Cab

"If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there."
dalford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2021, 07:32 PM   #5

Yay! A reply.
Thanks
Old 09-05-2021, 03:06 PM   #6

Good work!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSman View Post
I did not get any replies but spent all day trying to track this down. I finally found someone with the same problems on a GM truck forum. For anyone else with this problem, the solution was a bad starter/run relay, relay #15 in the engine fuse box. You can test it by swapping it with the #40 AC relay to see if it works.
The problem was tough because it started with a check airbag warning. This message went away as soon as the relay was changed.
This is a great Forum but I was a little disappointed that I received no replies.
Good diagnosis and test. I just walked my son through something similar.

Here's a suggestion for unit-specific questions like yours:
Near the top of the page, in the thin green bar, is "Registry." With some pain, you can search all of the registered users and find some with the same year, model, and chassis as yours. You can then send each of them a Private Message (PM) which may cause them to be more responsive (except for Ducky who doesn't like PMs).

Unfortunately you will find that the data is kind of dirty. It really needs to be groomed. You will find some entries under S for Sunseeker, some under F for Forest River Sunseeker, and other combinations. I find that it sometimes takes four or five scans through the data to catch all potential owners.

I'm not sure the Registry is ever cleaned, either. If someone dies, changes his email address, or even sets a filter to send all FRF communications to Trash, he will probably still be in the Registry.

For sure, it would be a much better feature if it were groomed.
"Always bypass the water heater before opening the low-point drains."
Sticks and Bricks: Raleigh, NC
2008 Cherokee 38P: at Ivor, VA permanently
Larry-NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2021, 04:37 PM   #7

Airbag error code

So sorry you received no response. But thanks so much for the airbag data and fix. I had a 2007 Mercedes gl450 after 80,000 miles I had 4 different issues with air bag and seat restraint errors! Most were just corroded connections. Dealer wanted $2,000. Bad design. Sold it and happy now! Have a great trip!
Dennis King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2021, 06:55 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry-NC View Post
Good diagnosis and test. I just walked my son through something similar.

Here's a suggestion for unit-specific questions like yours:
Near the top of the page, in the thin green bar, is "Registry." With some pain, you can search all of the registered users and find some with the same year, model, and chassis as yours. You can then send each of them a Private Message (PM) which may cause them to be more responsive (except for Ducky who doesn't like PMs).

Unfortunately you will find that the data is kind of dirty. It really needs to be groomed. You will find some entries under S for Sunseeker, some under F for Forest River Sunseeker, and other combinations. I find that it sometimes takes four or five scans through the data to catch all potential owners.

I'm not sure the Registry is ever cleaned, either. If someone dies, changes his email address, or even sets a filter to send all FRF communications to Trash, he will probably still be in the Registry.

For sure, it would be a much better feature if it were groomed.
Thanks for your suggestion. I did not know you could do that but don't think I would PM a lot of people who chose not to respond. The question about the plug under the seat was a shot in the dark anyway since I was reasonably sure the passenger seat has absolutely no wiring or electronics in or on it, not even in the seat belt buckle. Thanks again.

Tags
service