Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-30-2019, 09:04 PM   #1

No water at all

I bought a 2013 32 ft ultra lite and this is the first time I've tried to get the water running. The fresh water tank is full I've opened all the faucets and run the pump with no luck. I initially got a small water to spit out but now I can feel air come out of the faucets. The pump sounds like it's straining so I think it may be a valve closed. I don't know where the valves are so I'm completely lost. Any help y'all can give me would be greatly appreciated.
ADCBuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2019, 09:24 PM   #2
Just as confused as you

Have you check the winterizing valve on the intake line from the water tank? Turn it so the handle points to the FW tank or the pump, I can't remember which. If it is pointing towards the antifreeze winterizing valve it will suck air. Also check the screen filter on the pumps input line, it may be loose or cracked.
Camping since 1989, Seasonal since 2000.
Car Shredder Op/Tech, Scrap Metal Recycling - retired
Scrapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2019, 05:41 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADCBuzz View Post
I don't know where the valves are so I'm completely lost.
Not familiar with your RV but if you can hear the pump you should be able to find its location. Ours is under the kitchen sink and you can see it when you remove the drawers below the sink. To actually service the pump you have to remove the access panel below the bottom drawer.

Hope this helps!
Only one shedding mutt now RIP Yoshi
larry2c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2019, 06:10 PM   #4
Site Team

If your water heater was empty you need to wait until it fills. It can take several minutes of the pump running to to get steady water out. Try again. Also make sure the antifreeze winterizing valve is in the summer ( in use) position.

2015 Freedom Express 248RBS
TV 2015 Silverado HD2500 Duramax
TST Tire Monitors
Honda 2000I + Companion
2 100W solar panels
Flybob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2019, 08:58 PM   #5

Filter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flybob View Post
If your water heater was empty you need to wait until it fills. It can take several minutes of the pump running to to get steady water out. Try again. Also make sure the antifreeze winterizing valve is in the summer ( in use) position.
And if there's an inside water filter, make sure it wasn't disassembled over the winter and never reassembled.

Larry
Larry-NC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2019, 08:53 AM   #6
AKA: 'tiredTeacher

None of these kind suggestions will help until the OP finds his winterizing valves. My money is on the pump pulling from the antifreeze inlet port.
Yo, Buzz, post the complete make and model of your unit and maybe another owner can help.
2010 Tundra 4X4 5.7L V8
2014 Rockwood 2604WS
Life is a cruel teacher. She gives the test first; the lesson then follows.
awellis3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2019, 09:06 AM   #7

I always fill the system (hot water heater included) via the city water connection PRIOR to turning on the pump and trying to pump from the tank. TURN OFF the city water connection after filling, prior to turning on pump.

Then check the mentioned bypass valve at pump.

it then takes a bit for the pump to prime sometimes.
gbaldwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2019, 09:07 AM   #8

we don't know where the op lives, but if it freezes there i would also lean towards the winterizing valve. also, if it turns out to be this valve you could also assume that there is antifreeze in the lines and they would need to be completely flushed out. don't turn any of the water heater valves until you get the antifreeze flushed out.

you might put some water into a bucket and then put the antifreeze hose into the bucket to see if the pump draws from the bucket.
Old 06-11-2019, 06:11 PM   #9

Ok... it's a 2013 ultra lite presidential... as far as the issue, thanks to all of you for your help. Scrapper actually made the suggestion to check the filter bowl and it was broken. The pump is located in the rear bunk room under the shelf. I don't know where the winterizing valve is and the spe sheets on this aren't the greatest. You guys are awesome and Scrapper I owe you a beverage.
ADCBuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 07:49 PM   #10
Just as confused as you

Thank you very much for the offer, instead just pay it forward. Don't hesitate to assist if someone has a problem which you know the solution. That's why the forum is here.
Now the question is was the filter bowl tightened too much or was water left in it when it got cold enough to freeze. If it's the latter you will want to keep an eye on the toilet flush valve. It takes about 1/4 teaspoon of water to crack if frozen.
Camping since 1989, Seasonal since 2000.
Car Shredder Op/Tech, Scrap Metal Recycling - retired
Scrapper is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
water