Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-03-2011, 10:37 PM   #1

Angry Oh my aching pipes

OK, after a long slow wait of bad weather and scheduling conflicts....the whole family loaded up our 'new to us' (2007 HW267) pop up trailer. Filled up the food, water, toys and clothes went an hour out of town to the mountains.

First problem as quoted by my 5 year old "We've got a trial to get home!" - something from the fresh water tank is leaking. Run back home and get a couple of five gallon fresh water tanks full of drinking water.

Second problem sourced by me 'why isn't the water pump tuning off' found symptom by my wife 'there's water on the floor back here' - have a leak coming from under the shower/toilet area inside the trailer.

Since problem comes in three's!

"WHY ISN'T THE KITCHEN SINK DRAINING!" echo's from one side of the valley to the other. The gray tank for the sink seems to be full and will only drain when the dump valve is opened into a holding tank.

I thought RV'ing was supposed to be relaxing! any thoughts or experience on the repairs (or sympathetic commiserations) would be appreciated.

p.s. Happy Canada Day
zx5chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 11:56 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by zx5chris View Post
OK, after a long slow wait of bad weather and scheduling conflicts....the whole family loaded up our 'new to us' (2007 HW267) pop up trailer. Filled up the food, water, toys and clothes went an hour out of town to the mountains.

First problem as quoted by my 5 year old "We've got a trial to get home!" - something from the fresh water tank is leaking. Run back home and get a couple of five gallon fresh water tanks full of drinking water.

Second problem sourced by me 'why isn't the water pump tuning off' found symptom by my wife 'there's water on the floor back here' - have a leak coming from under the shower/toilet area inside the trailer.

Since problem comes in three's!

"WHY ISN'T THE KITCHEN SINK DRAINING!" echo's from one side of the valley to the other. The gray tank for the sink seems to be full and will only drain when the dump valve is opened into a holding tank.

I thought RV'ing was supposed to be relaxing! any thoughts or experience on the repairs (or sympathetic commiserations) would be appreciated.

p.s. Happy Canada Day
Sorry to hear about your pipes.
By any chance did you drain/blow out all your water lines before winter?
All the issues seem to be directed to broken or damaged piping.
The only reason the kitchen sink won't drain is the tank is full or the line is clogged.

All in all it seems you need to maintain/check your rig out before and after all trips. That's how I keep the surprises to a few minor issues.

Good luck
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 01:40 AM   #3
Site Team

that's why staying at Camp Driveway is always suggested after getting a new RV.

that way your first time is at home and you can deal with the issues.
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote