Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-02-2014, 10:32 AM   #1

Oil & Filter Change - Sunseeker E450

Hello Everyone,

Not sure if this is the correct forum for this but here goes. We took delivery of a 2014 Sunseeker 3050s on a Ford E450 with a Triton V10. I have about 2300 miles on her and want to change my oil.

How hard is it to change the Oil & Filter on this Coach? I change the oil and light maintenance on my own vehicles.

We're taking one more local trip before we put her in storage for the winter. I want to change the Oil & Filter before we put her away.

Has any done their own oil changes or should I take it to the dealer. Let me know your thoughts and as always thanks..
2018 Coachmen Chaparral 338 TSIK
2016 (Seasonal Site) Chariot Park Model
2015 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD
Jmsx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 11:22 AM   #2
Average Joe

It's very easy. Much easier than a car. Take a peek under there and you'll see.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums

Southern Maryland and Beyond!

MrJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 11:27 AM   #3

As far as the oil change portion its self there is no difference than doing a LOF on any other truck the only thing is there is little ground clearance on the MH so its hard to get under unless you drive up on VERY strong ramps or use the front levelers to raise front end up slightly. Also watch when removing oil filter you don't damage the oil cooler. Cheers
wana65stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 10:24 PM   #4

Changing oil and filter on my V-10 MH is easier than changing it on my Ford Ranger pick-up, and both of them use the same oil filter.
eddard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2014, 05:34 AM   #5

I can get under ours okay with the tires on the concrete, but having it raised a few inches helps. Just drive it onto some 2 X 6's. If you bevel the ends it will make it easier to drive onto them.

Here's a hint for driving onto boards, or onto plastic leveling blocks if you use them. Sometimes the boards or blocks will slide, especially when on gravel. I would ride the brakes to control the progress better, but the front brakes would make the boards or blocks slide. When that happens I use the parking brake, holding the release handle out and modulating it like a regular foot brake.

The leveling block manufacturer warns against getting under it when on their blocks, but I've never had one collapse, and if it did, it would only drop the tires onto the pavement. Just don't get yourself in a tight situation where you would be injured or trapped if it did drop. I think boards would be completely safe if they are in good condition.
RamblerGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 06:29 PM   #6

Thanks everyone. I simply hit the auto level feature which gave me plenty of room to crawl underneath. Very simple process.....
2018 Coachmen Chaparral 338 TSIK
2016 (Seasonal Site) Chariot Park Model
2015 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD
Jmsx2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sunseeker