Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-04-2021, 06:30 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kmac22 View Post
I just purchased a 36BHQ Sabre that came with the wifi prep. I can't locate the faceplate anywhere. This is a 2021. I'm going to verify if they even ran cables to the antenna mount but thought I'd ask.
My connection plate is in the cabinet above the kitchen sink. Obviously, YMMV. I've seen some online that have them on a wall someplace.
SeabrooksFam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2021, 06:46 PM   #22

Thank for the response. I'll keep looking, but I think I better check and see if they even ran any cables first.The logical place would be behind the TV, but we're talking TT manufacturers. Logic is out the door
Kmac22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2021, 07:03 PM   #23

Quote:
Thank for the response. I'll keep looking, but I think I better check and see if they even ran any cables first.The logical place would be behind the TV, but we're talking TT manufacturers. Logic is out the door
Actually, that would be a horrible place to put it. The lights from the router alone would drive you crazy while you're trying to watch TV. But maybe your setup is different. As, an IT person myself, I don't want to see my gear, just need it to work. LOL!
Old 02-04-2021, 07:22 PM   #24

you wouldn't see it, the TV swings out. There is a lot of room behind it and it would be in the living room. As long as it's not on the ceiling somewhere, I don't care where it is. I will only be using it to extend the WIFI at campgrounds most likely. Thanks again.
Old 02-04-2021, 10:34 PM   #25

Found it!

It was located in a cabinet in the loft, mounted to the ceiling. It will be fun hooking it up since I was barely able to fit up there lol.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20210204_185533.jpg
Views:	204
Size:	139.6 KB
ID:	247275  
Old 02-04-2021, 10:52 PM   #26

That's it!!!!
Old 02-05-2021, 12:00 AM   #27

Quote:
It was located in a cabinet in the loft, mounted to the ceiling. It will be fun hooking it up since I was barely able to fit up there lol.
Of course they put it on the ceiling in the cabinet in the loft!
Kudos for finding it!
Old 02-11-2021, 03:04 PM   #28

23mk one Control Hot spot

Just for dummies like me, How do you hook up to the connection, we purchased the Wingard Gateway but have no idea how to hook it up.
Dannygip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2021, 07:40 PM   #29

I'm not sure since that is a different brand.
Old 03-11-2021, 10:54 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeabrooksFam View Post
Here is the thing. If you are doing week-long trips, the answer is YES! But to be honest, I have found that we still use our phone's hotspots on SOME trips because the weather is foul and spend more time inside so that means more streaming. T-Mobile can be awful nice on the throttling, or they can be brutal. Depends on the area and other factors which they explain somewhere on their site. But for the sheer convenience of the setup for the RV, it's like being at home...most trips. :-) ymmv
SeabrooksFam, can you post pictures of your set up and the equipment. I’m having a hard time wrapping my brain around how this all
Works and what’s required. We also use TMobile and would like to continue for data/wifi. Just went full time in RV and burning through data with seemingly little usage (streaming 1-2 shows a day).

We have the 3660SUITE with “everything” prewired.
MALtonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2021, 07:09 AM   #31

I have a arctic wolf 3770 suite my WiFi plate is on the wall just inside the front door with the rest of my controls. I never understood at the limited threads for this device. Good luck I do know there are several different kits for this that is making it complicated to understand
tintodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2021, 09:45 AM   #32

I can add the photos since we are out camping right now. The 2 pictures show the plate in the cabinet above the kitchen sink and the equipment connected to it. You will see in the equipment picture from left to right, my Blink camera gateway, the bottom piece next to it is the Internet gateway that provides the Internet and WiFi. On top of it is the power adapter. The power adapter is the hardest part since it doesn't come with a connection to fit into the power hole below the 2 antenna connectors on the plate. I used a cut off end from an old wall wart. You can find virgin barrel plugs on eBay or Amazon, but this was quicker since I could test the plug fit before mating it to the adapter or spending money and waiting. Everything else is plug and play. Let me know if I can help you with anything else while I'm out here.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20210312_093709.jpg
Views:	323
Size:	123.7 KB
ID:	249482   Click image for larger version

Name:	20210312_093723.jpg
Views:	300
Size:	182.7 KB
ID:	249483  
Old 03-12-2021, 12:15 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by tintodd View Post
I have a arctic wolf 3770 suite my WiFi plate is on the wall just inside the front door with the rest of my controls. I never understood at the limited threads for this device. Good luck I do know there are several different kits for this that is making it complicated to understand
I found a kit for prepped and another kit for non prepped you can use either one but a little electrical work has to be done to make the non prepped work. Found the same DC plug on Amazon
tintodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2021, 01:02 PM   #34

Manual and installation docs are available

Hello Guys,
I am trying to use this I am not going to buy the kit.
here is some installation information for the kit
Hotspot™ OEM Prepped Installation and Owner’s Manual (For Aftermarket Applications)
OneControl® Hotspot™ (Prepped) OEM INSTALLATION MANUAL
I found this on aliexpress
and i prefer a different antenna
I will post my pictures once installed
Nardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2021, 04:33 PM   #35

Hi from Canada!

You mention that you can use "AT&T or Rogers in Canada."

Can anyone verify that this is usable in Canada? I set it all up, I receive WiFi signal, but it does not appear that either the activated AT&T sim that came with the device nor my data-exclusive Rogers sim card work with the router.

I receive Wifi signal from the router, but no internet.

Thoughts? Help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeabrooksFam View Post
My apologies.

So, the WiFi-on-the-go gear will allow you to have internet using either T-Mobile (which I use and will discuss), AT&T or Rogers in Canada.
It will NOT use Verizon, so please don't waste your money trying. They use different radio bands for their 4G connections. There is another one that does the same thing but adds the remote connection to the rig from anywhere, subscription free. I don't need that, so I went with just the Internet.

You get the power supply, the "router/gateway", and antennas for 4G/3G and WiFi. If your rig is pre-configured with the black plate on the roof for the external antennae, all you have to do is get up there, mine is accessible from the side with a ladder without having to actually walk on the roof. Once you connect the external ears to the 2 wires up there, make sure you seal it with some silicon, I didn't the first time and we got rain inside the rig.

As for the inside, with the power connectors I spoke on, just wire those up to the included power supply, you only need one, it comes with 2. Plug it in and you got Internet after you get an Internet provider of course. If you follow the instructions that comes with it, you'll want to change the Wireless network name and password from the default. ALWAYS RECOMMENDED! Then connect your gear like at home.

As for the wireless carrier options, I chose T-Mobile, first because I'm a T-Mobile customer and love them. Secondly because for $10/month on a post-paid plan, you get 2GB of 4G data and then UNLIMITED 3G or slower data, which you can up the amount you want at any time. You can also choose to get the same $10/month 2GB plan as a pre-paid account. That works for those that don't plan to camp much. There is a $10 SIM card fee to get a new SIM card from T-Mobile unless you have a spare somewhere. We have had it running since my last post and have used about 25GB of data streaming movies from home and Netflix along with SlingTV and have not seen a slow down in speeds or quality of the stream.

I didn't want to use AT&T because they are MUCH MORE RESTRICTIVE on their data allotment and I don't believe they give you unlimited data after you go over your limit. I have them in my RAM 1500 as it came with the truck and when we hit the free 3 GB, it turned off, which turned me off. LOL!

One last thing. With the unit, you do not have to mount it or use the external ears, it is a fully portable unit with the wall wart that comes with it and in fact that is how we used it the first trip out with it. It will decrease your range of signal picking up your 4G data, but not that much, it is still better than trying to use your phone as a tether.

If you have any other questions, let me know. We're heading out for the 4th to a more distant site, so I'll be testing the signal strength. Hope this helps!
johnpaty0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2021, 04:30 PM   #36
Cajun Rookie

Can I use my own data plan

So today I got the hotspot in. Installed the antenna on roof, plugged it all in. I log into the network with password but it takes me to LCi data plan site. I’m stuck on this page, even though I have an active SIMS card from AT&T installed. Has anyone else come across a work around and used their own data plan or am I stuck with having to purchase a data plan with LCi? I made a call to LCi but they telling me I have to buy their plan.. I think the person I talked to is just telling me that. Any feedback would be appreciated
Jackew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2021, 04:46 PM   #37

Installation

I end up buying the antenna and installing it.
It is working great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nardo View Post
Hello Guys,
I am trying to use this I am not going to buy the kit.
here is some installation information for the kit
Hotspot™ OEM Prepped Installation and Owner’s Manual (For Aftermarket Applications)
OneControl® Hotspot™ (Prepped) OEM INSTALLATION MANUAL
I found this on aliexpress
and i prefer a different antenna
I will post my pictures once installed
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	436.4 KB
ID:	253855   Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	420.4 KB
ID:	253856   Click image for larger version

Name:	3.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	313.2 KB
ID:	253857   Click image for larger version

Name:	4.jpg
Views:	165
Size:	214.0 KB
ID:	253858   Click image for larger version

Name:	5.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	351.0 KB
ID:	253859  

Name:	6.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	273.9 KB
ID:	253860   Click image for larger version

Name:	7.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	220.7 KB
ID:	253861   Click image for larger version

Name:	20210412_192026.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	265.8 KB
ID:	253862   Click image for larger version

Name:	20210412_192022.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	266.1 KB
ID:	253863  
Old 05-07-2021, 04:57 PM   #38
Cajun Rookie

What data plan you went with?

Where you able to successfully add your own data plan or did you use LCi data plan you prompted with when setting up?
Jackew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2021, 07:43 PM   #39

I bought my own 4g router and my own sim card from telus canada.
Old 05-08-2021, 09:43 AM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackew View Post
So today I got the hotspot in. Installed the antenna on roof, plugged it all in. I log into the network with password but it takes me to LCi data plan site. I’m stuck on this page, even though I have an active SIMS card from AT&T installed. Has anyone else come across a work around and used their own data plan or am I stuck with having to purchase a data plan with LCi? I made a call to LCi but they telling me I have to buy their plan.. I think the person I talked to is just telling me that. Any feedback would be appreciated
I didn't have that issue. I just popped the T-Mobile SIM in and it connects. Look at the APN Settings under the WWAN section if you can. Do a Google search for the APN settings for the carrier you are wanting to use.I added a list that although it is talking about Android, the APN settings work for any device.

https://www.technobezz.com/list-apn-...android-phone/

Tags
power, wifi