Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-17-2009, 10:54 AM   #1

Oven on 8317ss

IM HAVING A PROBLEM WITH MY OVEN.WHEN I TRY TO LIGHT THE PILOT I HOLD THE BUTTON IN FOR ABOUT 10 SECONDS LET GO OF THE KNOB AND SOMETIMES IT LIGHTS AND SOMETIMES IT DOESNT. LATELY I CANT GET IT TO LIGHT AT ALL. ANY IDEAS WOULD BE APPRECIATED.(OTHER THAN THAT WE LOVE OUR TT!)
HOWIE BEDELL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 11:38 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Make sure of the gas supply by lighting a burner and letting it run on high a couple of minutes. If gas is o.k., then it sounds like a thermocouple problem in the oven. Fairly easy and simple fix. See if you can find a manual, online or paper that has a parts breakdown. We might can walk you through it here, let us know.
2008 Yamaha V-Star 650 Classic

2008 Work and Play 18LT
LadyWindrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 12:22 PM   #3

I did bleed the line by turning the burner on the stove top. I usually do that as soon as i set up.
HOWIE BEDELL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 07:13 PM   #4

Have you tried holding the knob in until the pilot light lights? When I light the oven, I push in the knob and hold it until pilot light lights and then I turn knob to the desired temperature.
Momma Tac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 09:01 PM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Lighting procedure for most - hold knob in while trying to light the pilot light. After the pilot is lit, continue holding the knod for as long as 30 seconds after the pilot lights, (this is to get the thermocouple warm). After this time, you should be able to release the button and the pilot stay lit. If it goes out, chances are the thermocouple is bad. If it stays lit, then you can set the control to the desired temp, or just turn it to pilot only and be ready for when you do need it.
2008 Yamaha V-Star 650 Classic

2008 Work and Play 18LT
LadyWindrider is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
8317ss