Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-17-2020, 01:23 PM   #1

Palomino 1251 SS

Hi guys new here so cut me some slack if I ask some stupid questions bought a palomino 1251 SS backpack Edition soft-sided camper still under warranty for another 2 months. Had it in 2 months ago some trim work needed replaced they didn't fix that said they had a order the trim?? the main reason I had it in the top was going up and down crooked. The tech. says he called up Forest River who makes this wonderful Palomino truck camper and there was no recalls that's just the way they work sometimes!!! I think this dealership are bunch of idiots?anyway now when I raise it up,driver's side raises up first then the passenger side raises up. So it's going up cock sided eventually levels of self up.didn't work that way 10 months ago. Now when I lower it passenger side goes down first then the front corner hits the bottom side of the camper whole thing is going down cock sided? So I got to pull it over to get that corner down not good. Anybody have a similar problem with a soft sided truck camper I'm going to find a new dealer see if they know what the heck they're doing sorry for the long post. Thx guys
Ddog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2020, 01:24 PM   #2

Forgot to add I will find a new dealership for this warranty work but I'm sure they're useless warranties don't cover this
Ddog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2020, 02:03 PM   #3
Site Team

Welcome to FRF!
Just so you know, Forest River doesn't make anything, their divisions do.
And since Palomino was acquired by FR Inc, a number of years ago, it has been allowed to operate pretty independently. They're the only division that makes truck campers and they are the only division located in Michigan, not Indiana.
You might want to check out our Truck Camper section, especially since truck campers are differ so much from other types of RVs.
I would contact Palomino for other dealers or consider using independent RV shops or mobile RV tech. You just have to get pre-approval and be willing to be reimbursed.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2020, 11:02 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikendan View Post
Welcome to FRF!
Just so you know, Forest River doesn't make anything, their divisions do.
And since Palomino was acquired by FR Inc, a number of years ago, it has been allowed to operate pretty independently. They're the only division that makes truck campers and they are the only division located in Michigan, not Indiana.
You might want to check out our Truck Camper section, especially since truck campers are differ so much from other types of RVs.
I would contact Palomino for other dealers or consider using independent RV shops or mobile RV tech. You just have to get pre-approval and be willing to be reimbursed.
My Palomino 2019 SS1240 is doing the same thing except it's the front passenger side. Rieco Titan makes the lift. I called and spoke with Doug. He sent me an new motor and it's actually worse now than before. I took the entire assembly off the wall, tore it apart, re-lubed it and reinstalled. Did absolutely nothing to help. Palomino WE NEED HELP THIS IS NOT ACCEPTABLE!!! This thing goes down all out of whack not seating where it should when closing actually coming to rest so far off its initially landing on the canvas which is unacceptable and will destroy it.
Dale Henderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2020, 02:48 PM   #5
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Henderson View Post
Palomino WE NEED HELP THIS IS NOT ACCEPTABLE!!! This thing goes down all out of whack not seating where it should when closing actually coming to rest so far off its initially landing on the canvas which is unacceptable and will destroy it.
I can almost guarantee you that no one from Palomino will read this, as the Forum has no association with Forest River Inc. We have never had anyone from Palomino respond on the Forum.
I would try going up the chain at Palomino.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2021, 01:50 PM   #6

There are a number of nice things with my 2015 SS1200, but raising and lowering the roof is pretty sketchy. Lowering it so it sits square and seals is ALOT more trouble then it should be. Palomino Marketing people: Whenever I am camping folks always ask me about the camper quality. Glossy brochures don't sell campers. Happy owners do.
PBco is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
palomino