Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-02-2016, 10:16 PM   #1

Pocket door problems

We have a 2016 surveyor 251rks with a pocket door between the bath and bedroom. The first time out a screw put a big scratch in the door. The dealer replaced the door. Next time out the inside rollers came off the track so the door hung at an angel blocking about half the doorway. The dealer repaired it and it lasted until the next trip when the inside rollers came off again. This time we are 800 miles away and will take it in again when we get home. Anyone else have this kind of door problem? To make this trip worse I forgot to put the awning in when away for a couple of hours and it collapsed in a rain storm on a warm sunny day. Ruined one arm of the awning. My fault but I hate it anyway.
Themeads46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2016, 06:59 AM   #2

Sounds to me like the stops are missing that keep the door from sliding off the track. There should be one on each end of the track that limits movement of the door positioning for being all the way open and closed.
jblane56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2016, 07:43 AM   #3

Sorry to hear about your problems give some thought to awning tie down poles or close the awning every time you leave the rig. hope everything works out for you
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2016, 07:59 AM   #4
Mod free 5er

Our pocket door has a strap to hold it either open or closed. Never had a problem with it in 4+ yrs and probably 40k miles.
OldCoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2016, 08:12 AM   #5
Site Team

Pocket doors usually travel better if open and secured by the strap. On a different note, the thick plastic strap on our door had very sharp square corners and if bumped wrong would scratch up an arm. I found a short leather strap and added a snap to the end and used it as a replacement. No more ripped up arms.

2015 Freedom Express 248RBS
TV 2015 Silverado HD2500 Duramax
TST Tire Monitors
Honda 2000I + Companion
2 100W solar panels
Flybob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2016, 08:16 AM   #6
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flybob View Post
Pocket doors usually travel better if open and secured by the strap. On a different note, the thick plastic strap on our door had very sharp square corners and if bumped wrong would scratch up an arm. I found a short leather strap and added a snap to the end and used it as a replacement. No more ripped up arms.
A pair of scissors or a sharp knife would have fixed the sharp corners of the plastic strap.
Ours has a double thickness cloth strap with a snap.
OldCoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2016, 08:38 AM   #7

I think you're right about the stops, I use the straps to keep the door in place while traveling so the door doesnt move. I have read a lot of storys about awnings that are left open and collapse so I always close mine in the rain, wind or when I leave. I don,t know why it was left open this time but wouldn,t you know the first time I forget to close it. Atleast we were not in the trailer when it came down over both doors.
Themeads46 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
door