Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-04-2021, 11:02 AM   #1

Questions on a 2018 LaCrosse 325REB

Several questions at once, if I need to break it up, I will - but all pretty much mod/maintenance related.

Wife and I just traded in our 2016 Keystone Bullet for a 2018 Primetime LaCrosse 325REB. I have a hard time finding anything for a 2018 325REB (a few for sale), and after calling manufacturer, found it was a “short run model”. But it has a floor plan identical to the 2020 LaCrosse 3370MB (specs are nearly identical as well).

Not our first trailer by any means, started with pop-ups back around 1990 with the kids. Graduated ever since then.

Questions:

Rear TV mount - original owners took the TV with them when they upgraded to a 5er. So I don’t know the original size. We went out, found a cheap Chinese 50” TV, which fits just fine. BUT the mount is a mount similar to: https://www.amazon.com/Mount-10-24-1...774515&sr=8-60 (actual mount on the TT is a heavier duty mount for a 40-50” TV, and has a “latching lock” to keep it in the wall mount) I’d be surprised if this 50” LED TV we got weighs much over 20-25 lbs.

As you can see, it’s just a plate on the wall, that the VESA side slips into. There is also an exterior matching mount on the trailer (which I really doubt we’ll ever use). Anyway, the mount is only held in by the 2 top screws. I have extreme concerns about those 2 screws holding the TV in place at the very rear wall of the trailer while bouncing around on the road. SO - I don’t have any idea what is backing the mount, and whether 2 more screws can be added or not. Doesn’t appear to be anything in that area electrical-wise - but this is just a laminated wall. Should I just thump around and find out if there’s a plywood backer there, put 2 more screws in, and just “close my eyes” while going down the road towing? Or other ideas?

Bunkroom TV mount
Grandkids will be staying in the bunkroom, and we’ve got a cheap 24” LED TV to go in there. That sucker can’t weigh more than 5-7 lbs. There is NO mount there - but an electrical outlet and a cable TV outlet. From reading the forum, I see that it “should” have a mounting backer somewhere near this area. Has anyone else with this model mounted a TV in this bunk room and can tell me which wall they did it on (the wall between the bunk room/bathroom, or the wall between the bunk room/hallway)? The electrical/cable hookups are on the bunk room/hallway side. There is a plethora of electrical on THAT wall for the slide-outs, lights, etc.

Put Eternabond over/on the fiberglass front cap? I’ve done the Dicor thing, and it’s tough where we are, the sun and changes in temp over the year tear the crap out of anything that is caulk. House or RV. I’ve read pros/cons about Eternabond over many years now, and am nearly “converted”. But my7 question is - for the front cap area on the roof seam - can Eternabond go over the fiberglass safely? The adhesive won’t have adverse effects with the fiberglass (or vice-versa)?
tundrwd is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lacrosse, questions