Originally Posted by GearHd6
I had a brain cramp and hooked my battery up backwards which then blew both 40 amp fuses in the panel. I replaced those fuses and everything else seems fine except for the Genesis 2.0 radio. The fuse in the panel and behind the radio are both fine. The display on the radio can be seen but it no longer lights up. I can see the volume going up and down but nothing comes out of the speakers. So is it possible the reverse polarity protection built into the panel did not protect my radio?
Yes, it could be possible depending on how your RV is wired. The reverse polarity fuses are usually there mainly for the "converter".
The converter actually converts 120 volt power AC power into 12 volt DC power, thus providing power to the 12 volt DC things in your RV instead of them running off the battery.
When you are not hooked up to 120 volt AC (and thus the converter doesn't operate), then all of the 12 volt DC things run direct off the battery.
Hooking the battery backwards then could actually damage the 12 volt DC items that are wired direct from the battery side and don't go thru the converter and/or fuse panel.