Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-21-2011, 09:02 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric F. View Post
I would start by shutting off all the breakers. Turn them on one by one and find out if the faulty ones are on the same circuit. Then start with the outlet the farthest from the converter and move towards it. They will most likely be piggybacked all the way from the converter. Hopefully it is a bad outlet in the chain and the ones feeding off it are being affected.

Good luck
most likely they will be on the same circuit from what I have seen - if they do not have power it would be hard to tell which circuit they are on

got a silly question but why would you start from the furthest one out that isnt working instead of starting at the good one and working your way out?

I know everyone has diffrent troubleshooting techniques but just curious

Another option is to cut all power to the trailer and use a fox and hound (toner) to see if you get tone on each socket - this would be a way I would check it if I didnt feel like opening all the sockets even though now thinking about it - I would take all the sockets and check all the connections so this never happens again.
USMC 91 - 95 - F/A-18 Aviation Ordnance
sherdep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 09:08 PM   #22

In one of the earlier posts I asked if the first outlet that went out was closest of farther from the converter. He said it was closest so I figured, start farther and work you way towards the converter. I do have a tendency of doing more than I need to when working on things.
I like to tinker
Eric F. is offline   Reply With Quote