Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-12-2014, 10:35 AM   #1

RV Forever Warranty?

I was wondering if anyone has had experience dealing with a company that claims an "RV Warranty Forever!"?
When we purchased our new Coachmen Apex last month, that is what came with our TT. The company is NWAN, Inc. out of Cleveland, OH. They claim that our TT is covered for as long as we own it... but is (understandably) not transferable... provided we do yearly maintenance by a professional repair facility (inspect roof and seals, axle and hub lube, clean furnace, flush and clean hot water heater). We just have to sign the checklist and mail it in each year. It seems to cover most major items (suspension, brakes, water system, A/C and heating system, appliances, LP components, stabilizers, door handles and latches).

Do you think it's just a gimmick and the moment i go to file a claim, the fine print will reveal itself?
Do you really think it's worth it to pay someone each year to perform the maintenance that i could do myself, just to keep the warranty intact?

Just a note: I called Coachmen a couple days after our purchase... and they informed me that they do not offer the second year warranty offered by other FR divisions.
Old 10-12-2014, 10:23 PM   #2

That warranty was the reason we bought our TT from the dealer we did even though they are not the closest to us. Read it carefully - most things are covered and there are some things that are "optional" and have to have separate optional coverage (at an additional cost). We were told the company will not have more than one dealer within a geographic area. In Illinois, the next dealer that has this warranty option is near the middle of the state. We haven't filed a claim yet, but am hopeful... I think paying a modest fee is reasonable to ensure the coverage is maintained. We can easily have it done by the place that we store our TT at. We purchased a 2014 Flagstaff 29RLSS and also have a Tundra (2007 though).
gold dog girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 10:35 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

We bought ours from a warranty forever place. We are only a couple months into ownership. We were immediately hit with this is covered but that isn't unless you buy the additional coverage. We opted not to do their additional coverage as we can buy in later if we choose too and we were able to get the FR second yr warranty for our Sabre. We will probably do the yearly maintenance as the dealership is a reasonable drive to our house. They said any dealership (not just rv warranty forever dealership) can do the yearly maintenance and sign off on your slip. The key is it has to be performed by a dealership/professional rv shop. We have had lots of issues with our unit so far and all have been covered by forest river at this point.
asquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 11:28 PM   #4

Might want to check here:
Customer Reviews for National Warranty Administration Network, LLC - BBB serving Cuyahoga, Lake, Lorain, Geauga, and Ashtabula Counties in Northeast Ohio

2015 Flagstaff 8528RKWS fiver
2013 Ram 2500 CTD Laramie CC SB 4WD Auto
cbconway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 05:55 AM   #5

If it walks and quacks like a duck....

Hard to believe they'd admit (in their own writing) to taking 132,000 calls (claims) per year and only paying out $2-million. That's a ton of denied claims, IMO.

This is exactly what i would expect from something like this. We kinda assumed we have a 1-year warranty. It was nice that we weren't pressured, or even asked, about an extended warranty at the close of the sale.

2015 Coachmen Apex 288BHS
2014 Toyota Tundra 5.7L CrewMax

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums

Tags
warranty