Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-28-2019, 03:49 PM   #1

schwintek in wall slide out 10% of one corner rubbing floor

Have general question on best approach. I have a 2014 Grey Wolf 26 dbh with one slide out. it uses the schwinteck in wall mechanism and thus I don't see much areas that can be adjusted with respects to the functioning of it.. Have only had it for 5 months, bought used at Camping World so unsure of prior owners.

Upon the last 6-12 inches on closing the slide in one end of the slide-in is rubbing on the linoleum flooring. No tears on the flooring yet but suspect it could happen. I have attached multiple pictures. Pic 1 shows that there is an obvious tilt down on this end of the slide out compared to the other end. Pic 2 shows that the only support inside the unit is the 1 roller that I see and it is much more on the side that isn't tilted compared to the other side. When I measure the 2 ends they appear to be off by 1 inch when measuring from the floor to the bottom of the slide out. Upon inspection of slide-out on the outside of the unit it appears it closes more tightly on the top part more so than the bottom part but appears to do this on both ends. I was thinking of removing the baseboard on the slide out and trimming the bottom aspect so it doesn't rub on the floor but didn't know if there is a bigger issue that I need to be concerned about. If removing the trim, pic 3, what is the best way to remove it, i.e. does the knob things remove/pry off or do you hammer it from behind to pop it off?

Pic 4 is the outside profile
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	shows gap.jpg
Views:	148
Size:	218.5 KB
ID:	205734   Click image for larger version

Name:	shows only middle roller but more closer to us then sagging side.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	43.3 KB
ID:	205735   Click image for larger version

Name:	shows baseboard like to remove to shave.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	80.9 KB
ID:	205736   Click image for larger version

Name:	outside side view of slide out.gif
Views:	155
Size:	98.6 KB
ID:	205737  
NGranneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2019, 07:38 PM   #2

Slide out with schwintek systems are typically aligned top in more then bottom. The key to operating then is to never stop part Way and always hold the button 3-5 seconds after operating in and out. Plenty of videos here if you search.
Full Time in the Summer, soon
Part Time in the Winter
Days Camped, Not Enough
CZNEDY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2019, 08:11 PM   #3

Any idea why it seems to be dragging on the one end and if good option to remove base board and trim some of the rubbing part off best way to remove it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CZNEDY View Post
Slide out with schwintek systems are typically aligned top in more then bottom. The key to operating then is to never stop part Way and always hold the button 3-5 seconds after operating in and out. Plenty of videos here if you search.
Old 05-30-2019, 10:46 AM   #4

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated
Old 05-30-2019, 04:23 PM   #5

We have a different trailer but same Schwintek slider system. Ours doesn't look uneven when fully closed like yours does but when I'm inside closing it you can see that it does make contact at the top first but ours continues to draw the bottom in until they look even to me.

My trim piece is covered with carpet so I'm not sure if it has those knobs on it and not sure exactly the best way to remove it. That is what I'd do if I had the rubbing problem you are having. Just for reference, we have about 3/4" of clearance between the trim strip and the floor.
Only one shedding mutt now RIP Yoshi
larry2c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2019, 04:26 PM   #6

My slide-out does the same drop on one side as it is pulled in on a 2304KS. I trimmed the bottom of the slide so it was not rubbing the floor but in my trailer the bottom was the kitchen cabinet frame so I did not want to try and remove it to trim. I used a oscillating saw riding along a piece of 1/4 inch wood laid on the flooring to cut it in place. It worked well and seems to be staying evenly spaced after 2 years.
gkehman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
floor, slide, slide out