Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-18-2022, 08:39 PM   #1

Shower Door Help

Hi,
2013 Sunseeker 2650s.
Shower door wheels pop out of track all the time. I noticed on the top and the bottom there seems to be a broken "bracket" or something of that nature. (see photo)
I would like to replace these and see if this fixed the issue. I am not finding much info on the internet.
I don't mind rigging something up just not sure what it looks like.
I don't think the "brackets" were even there when I purchased about 4 years ago
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20220314_004012631.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	262.4 KB
ID:	270254  
diamondD369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2022, 09:52 PM   #2

Are there rollers on the doors that ride along that track?
FirstFiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2022, 09:42 AM   #3

Yes, there are rollers on the door.
As I open and/or close the door this is the location in which the rollers come off the track.
The stoppers are definitely broken.
It seems to me that if you were looking to remove the door you would remove those strippers and the door would come off.
Old 03-24-2022, 09:49 AM   #4

I don't know about your door specifically, but if I remember correctly, we have to 'lift' the door up and the bottom slides out, then the top. Takes two people or one strong coordinated person.
Old 03-24-2022, 10:15 AM   #5
Happy Keystone Owner

Are those slots there for the rollers to be slipped in? If it is I think it’s installed upside down.

Years camping....55
dbarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2022, 01:15 PM   #6

What's on the other side of that square head screw? Anything?

If not, it appears there was some sort of metal piece that the square head screw was holding in place and spanned that notch in the track. Then it broke off and your rollers drops out in that spot.
FirstFiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2022, 03:55 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbarr View Post
Are those slots there for the rollers to be slipped in? If it is I think it’s installed upside down.
The slot seems to be there to slip the wheels in and out, it doesn't look upside down. Looks like you lift the top roller in and down at the same time lower the bottom in and down. So the wheels sit on both tracks.
When I remove the hex screw a small plastic bracket comes off. That small plastic bracket is broken you can see an obvious sheer where something broke off, leaving a sharp point.
Old 03-28-2022, 04:03 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstFiver View Post
What's on the other side of that square head screw? Anything?

If not, it appears there was some sort of metal piece that the square head screw was holding in place and spanned that notch in the track. Then it broke off and your rollers drops out in that spot.
Nothing behind the hex screw. It is self-tapping and screws directly into the thin metal that makes up the roller guide.
If I remove that screw and the bracket the bracket has an obvious break that is sheer to a sharp point.

That seems to be the spot where the rollers pop out of the track and I would assume that those brackets held the wheels in.
I have a couple of ideas on getting something in there. I was just hoping someone had a picture of the working units for reference.
Old 03-29-2022, 12:11 PM   #9

I do not know your budget but RecPro doors on Ebay, any color are $86 new. For about $100 you can change out the whole thing and it will come with the hardware. The shower doors are not too overpriced, however, the backsplashes, they are really proud of those, especially any in colors or fake stone. I have seen those as high as $500 for the back in anything other than white. Here is the link. Goto Ebay and type in "RV Shower Doors". I found Ebay has been consistently the best on RV parts other than RV suppliers.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/28286693978...gAAOSwNwZamEAb
stephensatt is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
door, show, shower