Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-24-2016, 12:47 PM   #1

Shower door problems on 2015 Microlite

Hi Everyone,

I've attached a couple of photos of the bottom edge of the shower door gap on my 2015 Microlite. The trailer is level so that isn't a contributing factor.

But as you can see the gap on the hinge side is so large that the gasket barely contacts the top of the frame. But edge on the left hand side of the door sits right on top of the frame.

Actually it droops down so much that I have to lift the door on the opening side in order to get it to open or close. This tightness and scraping has ruined the gasket on that end.

I emailed Forest River about the problem and they said I should take the TT back to the dealer because adjustment will require detaching the shower stall from the wall of the trailer and adjusted from that point.

I'd really rather not do that because I bought the trailer used and appearances indicate that just such a repair has been attempted in the past with little to no success.

Obviously the "fix" didn't work because the problem has cropped up again.
Also, when the unit was reattached to the walls and base they made a complete and total mess with the caulking around the enclosure.

I'm afraid a second attempt might not work and could in fact result in even more problems with poor caulking and more leaks around the enclosure frame and the walls or shower base.

Any suggestions or possible solutions would be greatly appreciated.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20160518_150723630.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	186.8 KB
ID:	112030   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20160518_150737703.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	174.8 KB
ID:	112031  
DennisFinley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 06:56 PM   #2

Looks similar to the problem my dad had on his safari motor home. We had to take the door off the frame, screws on both sides and remove it. We did not have to take the whole shower enclosure loose jest the center section that held the door. We then laid it on some saw horses and took the screw in the bottom and top of the door frame and pay it all back together and if I remember correctly we had to cut one of the door frame edges down and screw it back together. I wish I knew the exact fix but that is what I remember of it as it was a few years ago. It never gave them a problem afterwords.

2000 F250 CC 4x4 7.3L diesel

15 Salem Hemisphere Lite356QB
Tfort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 07:07 PM   #3
Georgia Rally Coordinator

Most problems arise when tt is not level and will cause the door to bind. I had mine repaired at Goshen last year lasted about a month and all due to tt not level. Now that we get it very close to level issue is gone. Later RJD
2018 Dodge Ram 2500 6.4 3:73 gearing.(sold) (sold) 2015 Chevy 2500 6.0, 4:10
Traded 2015 30WRLIKS V-Lite
Days camped 2019 62
Days camped 2020 49 days camped 2021-74 2022-40 days 2023 5 days
aceinspp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2016, 10:25 AM   #4

I had a similar problem with my shower door a few years ago, and it turned out to be a busted screw in the lower corner of the door. The screw was run into the aluminum frame channel, so only about 2/3 of the screw was engaged. Either the door was heavy enough to break the screw or somebody took a ride on the door once (bought mine used too).

Have you taken the door off yet? You need to get a look at the bottom hinge area. You'll probably need a special driver bit.

Tags
door, show, shower