Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-07-2022, 12:53 PM   #1

Shower surround warped

I'm so grateful that I found this group! I am good at a lot of things but I am not mechanical, and my husband is an accountant and a gardener with limited skills at RV repairs. We started out with an r-pod 179 which we loved but found it too difficult to crawl over each other in the bed and my husband wanted a larger bathroom, so we upgraded to a 196. We have loved it, until our front window cracked apart and now we are waiting for a new window to be shipped and replaced. 😩 A couple other minor problems: I have taken a few photos and was wondering if any of you can tell me if you have had any of these problems, and what successes or failures you may have had in repairing them?

The plastic shower surround has warped? No longer lays flat and when we try to shut the shower curtain it always leaves a gap and then water will get out.
The trim at the base of the curved wall, which of course is opposite the shower, appears to possibly have suffered some water damage and has come loose.
I know that these are all minor problems and surely can be repaired but as I mentioned before I'm just wondering what works the best. Nails? Screws? Glue? I thought I would check with all the amazing experts in this group before trying to reinvent the wheel on my own. 🤪 Thank you in advance!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20220806_112453__01.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	200.3 KB
ID:	277572   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20220806_112509__01.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	314.8 KB
ID:	277573   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20220806_112610__01.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	287.9 KB
ID:	277574   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20220806_112624__01.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	300.7 KB
ID:	277575  
chooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2022, 01:18 PM   #2

I'm a big fan on Lexel. It's a super clear adhesive sealant that's extremely durable and water/weather proof. I did all my exterior seals with it, once, 5 years ago, and they're still prefect. It doesn't crack or pull apart like silicone. The only con is that it's not that easy to work with.
Old 08-15-2022, 01:34 PM   #3

does yours have screws already and they have come loose
use some slightly longer and fatter screws (one size up)

do it on a HOT day
remove all the screws from the section that has expanded ..... all the way to the Top
get it nice and HOT 2pm in Florida sun no a/c will do it

then screw it back in place starting from the bottom working up to the top
you may have to use a new hole in the wall where the plastic shower surround screws into

OR may fill the existing hole in the wall with some epoxy... JB Weld

Tags
show, shower