Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-14-2016, 07:58 AM   #1

Slide latches on drawers?

I wasn't sure which sub forum to post this in, to I am posting to the main one.
Does anyone know how to adjust the slide out cabinet drawers so they stay closed? My Roo is still under warranty, but I don't want to take it back an hour to the dealer. I'd rather fix it myself. Only two of the drawers have this problem.
PI hardwired EMC, Wire Shelving in wardrobe
Plexiglass screen door protector, Blue LED Wine nook
stairs, and counting...
karrun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2016, 08:10 AM   #2

I have this style drawer catch. I replaced two of them because the drawers kept popping open. I added a second catch on another drawer. It's kind of hard to tweek the metal on this style in order to get them to hold tighter.
Attached Images

Old 04-14-2016, 08:11 AM   #3

Thanks, that doesn't look the same as mine. I'll take a picture when I get home and post it.
PI hardwired EMC, Wire Shelving in wardrobe
Plexiglass screen door protector, Blue LED Wine nook
stairs, and counting...
karrun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2016, 03:14 PM   #4

Karrun, the ones PSU Turf posted are probably very similar to yours. Adjusting them forward or out towards the front of the drawer will allow the small pin on the drawer to set in further and should hold the drawer tight. I have had to adjust almost every on on our 16 Silverback including the doors.
Rich5117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2016, 11:26 AM   #5

The double roller catches are what's typically used and sometimes they are not properly aligned at the factory. The piece with the rollers on it is slightly adjustable but the other piece (the pointy piece) isn't. Sometimes you have to relocate one or both parts to get them properly aligned. I use green painter's tape to make marks on when doing this. They're pretty flimsy (and cheap) and can be bent or damaged easily. Sometimes adding a second roller catch will do the trick.

The roller catches can sometimes be too weak to keep a door from opening on occasion. I replaced some of ours with heavy duty catches like in the photo. Available from JR Products, RV Designer and Southco and are available in 3, 5 & 10 lb ratings.

Tags
slide