Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-25-2021, 06:33 PM   #1

Slides and stabilzers

New to the forum but not to RVing. I have a 2021 Salem 31KQBTS. My slides (all 3) and my stabilizers do not work. Now- if I plug up to my truck the 2 small slides work and the stabilizers work. Big slide attempts to work. Unplugged and on shore power none of the slides or stabilizers work. All fuses are good. Am I missing something? TIA
Huskerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2021, 08:07 PM   #2

Need to mention- battery on coach reads 13.17v
Old 07-26-2021, 11:40 AM   #3
Always Learning

Yowza, that's a wild combination. My guess is that it comes down to voltage but I don't know why you would see wildly different voltages depending on the source.
Old 07-26-2021, 01:36 PM   #4

Did it ever work or is this a problem straight from the dealer?

If it worked before then likely something straight forward to troubleshoot.
Pick one power source and work it through. Likely you find one thing that fixes everything. (I'd pick the AC because it should be more straight forward but either approach will get you there.)

If it never worked, there is always the possibility of a factory miss-wire or something entirely unexpected that causes odd faults.
Tabasco_Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2021, 02:56 PM   #5

Everything worked prior.
Old 07-26-2021, 03:07 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huskerz View Post
New to the forum but not to RVing. I have a 2021 Salem 31KQBTS. My slides (all 3) and my stabilizers do not work. Now- if I plug up to my truck the 2 small slides work and the stabilizers work. Big slide attempts to work. Unplugged and on shore power none of the slides or stabilizers work. All fuses are good. Am I missing something? TIA
sounds like a weak battery and not enough power to drive the main slide motor. plugging in to truck helps, but it also allows the onboard battery to pull power, you might try disconnecting the TT battery and plug into the truck, (make sure truck is running).

Second issue, the converter may have failed or a bad fuse, that would have also stopped the TT battery from charging and why on shore power the slides do not work.
camper_Lucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2021, 05:44 AM   #7

Battery

Tried new battery. Same results
Old 07-29-2021, 06:37 AM   #8

I think you have a bad connection somewhere. You should put a volt meter across the battery and then have someone try to operate the slide or stabalizer while you monitor voltage. If it drops several volts then your converter may have a bad connection on the back or the battery ground to the frame may be bad. Do you know how to do a voltage drop test? It is just measuring for where the power gets used in a circuit. It should only be used at the load. Your slide circuit should use almost all of the battery voltage available across the slide motor. For example if you have 13.17V at the battery then your slide motor should use 13 17V. The problem is that every connection and wire use some energy to push the electricity through. If you checked and only got 11V at the motor then you would know there was a wire on that circuit that was bad or a bad connection. I usually find bad grounds in the auto industry to be the cause of problems like yours. PM me if you would like a better explanation of how to perform a voltage drop test.
Jeff
bigmurph is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide