Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-26-2012, 10:29 PM   #1
Georgetown 350 Driver

Angry Sliding Doors Nightmare

We purchased our new 2012 Georgetown 350 (w\bunks) in July 2011, I was a proud first-time RV owner who could not wait to show it to my family and friends. Since then the bolt on the hanger on the inside door has sheared or bent twice, leaving the door hanging off. I have read previous post about this issue dating back to 2011, with a ending post in Nov 2011 stating that the problem was fixed with the following door guide.

Well I am here to inform you that the problem is not fix. I have the same guide and my door still fell off for the second time while driving to a campsite. These doors need something to keep them from hopping around when driving and may need a rail on the floor.

I did not want to drive over an hour and a half to drop my RV off at the dealer that I purchased the RV at. So I I called Simi Valley RV, a dealer that sales Forest River RVs and is only 20 minutes away. They stated that I had to take my RV back to the dealer that I purchased the RV.

Now I'm feeling frustrated about a sliding door with a flawed design and even worse about an American company that don't support its product.
If anyone from Forest River ever reads these post, please send me the parts that will really correct this problem and I will fix the door myself

Signed,

Unhappy Camper &
Frustrated and Disappointed Forester River Customer
cadkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 05:44 PM   #2
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Sorry to hear of your issue !
On my unit with the sliding door I made a tighter strap to make sure door DID NOT move during transit .
second of all I went to menards and bought household metal parts for sliding doors and never had an issue again

some things for you to look at .
Johnson Hardware® SLIDING DOOR HARDWARE

Search Results for*sliding door hardware*at The Home Depot

Sliding door hardware from doitbest.com, The World's Largest Hardware Store®

hope these help you in finding a solution to your problem.
I understand its under warranty but most likely there going to use the same ole parts you had that don't work .

Turbs
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 05:59 PM   #3

Sorry to hear about your problem, but I have found FR to be very supportive and helpful. It is the dealers that suck.
bakken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 08:45 PM   #4
Georgetown 350 Driver

Good evening f1100turbo,

I really appreciate your suggestions and links!!!!! I will go to Home Depot or Lowes this weekend to see if I can find the parts. Also, the doors guides for the bottom of the doors seem promising.

Thank you very much,

cadkins
cadkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 08:49 PM   #5
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadkins View Post
Good evening f1100turbo,

I really appreciate your suggestions and links!!!!! I will go to Home Depot or Lowes this weekend to see if I can find the parts. Also, the doors guides for the bottom of the doors seem promising.

Thank you very much,

cadkins
your welcome ! I hope you get it to your liking and all is well !

update how you come out !

Turbs
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 08:56 PM   #6
BB

Had 2004 prowler before our sabre and had problems all eight years with it falling off track going down the road. Had it fixed twice by fleetwood with no luck. Hope all goes well and you get it fixed.
Rotorhead102 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bedroom door, door, sliding door