Old 02-21-2020, 03:32 PM   #1

Soft or "Spongy"bathroom Floor

Had a faucet water leak in the bathroom sink that went unnoticed for about a week. When I found it there was water on the floor and sides of the sink cabinet. I stopped the leak and dried out the entire area. Fixed the leak without much trouble. Almost a year later I noticed the floor is a bit spongy where the water stood before, I can push down on it with my foot.
Easy to determine that the water probably did some damage and the underfloor is probably rotting out. It seems that the "finish flooring" is installed under the toilet, the sink, the shower and the linen closet in one whole piece. Do I need to remove everything or has anyone carefully cut the flooring around these obstacles to get to the wood sub-floor without taking everything out?
Would be easier to replace the damaged sub-flooring but a lot of work to take everything out. Just wondering if anyone out there has dealt with this before.

3.5L EcoBoost (12,200 Towing Capacity)

mcmartinez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2020, 08:30 AM   #2

On most rigs the flooring is laid down before the walls or things like cabinets are installed. Many folks have cut around those areas to remove floor and repair.
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bathroom, floor, roo