Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-10-2022, 07:37 PM   #1

Speakers won't turn on

So I have a 2020 primetime avenger. I purchased it about 2 months ago and am taking it on our first trip in 2 weeks. When I was checking stuff out today, I realized an issue with the speakers. So I have no sound out of any speakers, but the radio is on and functioning. The speaker lights on the outside speakers are on, but no sound on the inside or outside speakers. I plugged headphones into the unit and I got sounds out of the headphones, but when I unplugged the headphones there was no sound coming out of any speakers. I pulled the radio and checked all connections and they all seem correct and right. Please help!!! And thanks in advance!
Tnk72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2022, 08:25 PM   #2

You might have to start pushing buttons unless you can find the manual for that radio online. It's probably set in the wrong 'mode'.
The other possibility is that the speakers have burned out, but I think that highly unlikely.
Old 06-10-2022, 08:32 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverse_snowbird View Post
You might have to start pushing buttons unless you can find the manual for that radio online. It's probably set in the wrong 'mode'.
The other possibility is that the speakers have burned out, but I think that highly unlikely.
I pushed all the buttons. Muted both zones, volume up/ down, change the equalizer off and on, went through every setting I could. All the manual says is if the speakers don't work, turn the volume up or check the connections on the back of the radio. I did that. I just feel like I'm missing something
Old 06-10-2022, 08:55 PM   #4

Does your radio have a "fade" adjustment? Also if there is an input, try feeding in an outside source from your phone, usb, etc
flyflotrtim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2022, 09:23 PM   #5
Site Team

Tnk72, it would probably help if you posted what brand and model number of the entertainment system since FR probably uses at least 10 different entertainment systems in their products.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Forest River Forums mobile app
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2022, 09:47 PM   #6

I'll try plugging into the unit tmrw and see if that makes a difference. But the model is a Drive BT100. I'll attach a screenshot of the manual for the radio to this reply.
Old 06-10-2022, 09:51 PM   #7

https://forestriverinc.help/#/primet...ultiple-202981
Old 06-10-2022, 09:52 PM   #8

https://forestriverinc.help/#/primetimerv/guide/2020/1064-avenger/search/component-manuals/content/publication-16-en_us-multiple-202981
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20220610-223301_Samsung Internet.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	85.4 KB
ID:	274709  
Old 06-11-2022, 02:16 AM   #9

Another thing you can try to see if the speakers are working, pull the radio out again and there is usually a wiring diagram on the radio to show which wires are speaker wires and which speakers they are connected to. Disconnect the speaker wires to each speaker one at a time and use a 9v battery to the wiring going to each speaker. You should hear a sound, maybe a quick click when the 9v battery gets connected to the "+" and "-" speaker wire. You may need someone to help as the speakers, especially outside ones are going to be a bit far away and it will not make a real loud noise. But don't use anything more powerful than a 9v. A "AA" or even a "AAA" could work as well. This will at least tell you that the wiring going to each speaker is ok.
Old 06-11-2022, 06:29 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tnk72 View Post
So I have a 2020 primetime avenger. I purchased it about 2 months ago and am taking it on our first trip in 2 weeks. When I was checking stuff out today, I realized an issue with the speakers. So I have no sound out of any speakers, but the radio is on and functioning. The speaker lights on the outside speakers are on, but no sound on the inside or outside speakers. I plugged headphones into the unit and I got sounds out of the headphones, but when I unplugged the headphones there was no sound coming out of any speakers. I pulled the radio and checked all connections and they all seem correct and right. Please help!!! And thanks in advance!
We had the same problem with our Rockwood when we bought it. I found that the speakers were connected to the wrong RCA jacks on the back of radio. Had to try several combinations before finding one that worked. Our radio is a different brand, but thought this might be your problem also. ��
rockfossilman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2022, 06:36 AM   #11

Our Jensen was designed by some looney. Not at all obvious.

I found an app for the Apple phone. That took care of it. Might try that!

Never do we use the buttons.
tomkatb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2022, 03:25 PM   #12
Retired Army MSG!

I have this same radio and not had any issues to date. There is a mode button on the unit that changes the different inputs. If you push that button it should change to FM, AV1,, AV2, BT for pairing to phone. Hope you find your issue.

Also check your zones to see if they are on.
lazyjj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2022, 09:57 AM   #13

So I tried all the different combinations with the rca plug in on the back of the radio. Still nothing at all. No sound, but the speaker lights still come on. I tried all modes, I downloaded the app and used to app to change settings and it still didn't work. I don't have a 9 volt but I'll be buying one tmrw to try that theory out. And I don't have an auxiliary cord I can plug in but I'll be trying that next. What is the importance of the RCA cables? I don't understand why I need them at all, because the radio has power and should play sound without them, right?
Old 06-12-2022, 09:59 AM   #14

Also, here are a few pics of the set up and radio I have.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20220612_104549.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	250.0 KB
ID:	274772   Click image for larger version

Name:	20220612_104543.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	283.0 KB
ID:	274773   Click image for larger version

Name:	20220612_104539.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	365.2 KB
ID:	274774  
Old 06-12-2022, 10:37 AM   #15

RCA plugs are a throwback to the early times. So you can hook up old units. I assume your tv is old and is providing the signal to the unit via the three cables.

Today the tv and stereo are mostly connected by one ARC HDMI cord . Arc means both ways in and out.

Should not need the 9 volt. Most stereos when turned on sort of make a poping noise in the speakers. Would need the tv to be on.
Old 06-12-2022, 10:44 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomkatb View Post
RCA plugs are a throwback to the early times. So you can hook up old units. I assume your tv is old and is providing the signal to the unit via the three cables.

Today the tv and stereo are mostly connected by one ARC HDMI cord . Arc means both ways in and out.

Should not need the 9 volt. Most stereos when turned on sort of make a poping noise in the speakers. Would need the tv to be on.
I had the TV on while I was trying to play music and it still had no sound. The guy I bought it from said he had no issues with it. When I told him about it, he said maybe a loose wire. Should I try the hdmi cable instead of the RCA cables? I'm completely lost. If it was working for him, why wouldn't it work for me? I know he may not be truthful, but it just doesn't make sense to me. Why would I have power to the speakers(lights for the speakers are on) but no sound.
Old 06-12-2022, 11:35 AM   #17

I see no dvd player. I would assume it would plug into the tv direct. Sound then comes from the tv to the stereo.

Can I assume there is no radio noise or blutooth?

Make the radio work first!

A wire falling out kind of does not make sense. The other speaker would work.

Speakers can have fuses. Both being blown is sort of far fetched.
Old 06-12-2022, 11:50 AM   #18

No, there is no DVD player. I've tried it on radio, Bluetooth playing through my phone, I haven't tried auxiliary plug in yet. However, when I plug in headphones I can hear the music through my headphones. I've unplugged the RCA cables and still nothing. I have 2 speakers inside, 2 outside. Zones 1 and 2 respectively. The outside speakers have lights on them when the radio is on. The lights turn on, but no sound coming from the set of inside or outside speakers
Old 06-12-2022, 11:52 AM   #19

This is the wiring diagram on the back if that helps at all.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Screenshot_20220612-125145_Samsung Internet.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	114.3 KB
ID:	274775  
Old 06-12-2022, 12:36 PM   #20

Look for fuses

In the old days the speakers were fused.