Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-09-2020, 01:18 PM   #1

Step

I was wondering if there is a way to disconnect the Power to the steps without taking the screw to cut the power so step won’t come out and I can use the wooden step there is a switch that said. Disconnect from battery but that don’t do anything . Thank if you can help me with this puzzle
Mikehug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2020, 01:31 PM   #2
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikehug View Post
I was wondering if there is a way to disconnect the Power to the steps without taking the screw to cut the power so step won’t come out and I can use the wooden step there is a switch that said. Disconnect from battery but that don’t do anything . Thank if you can help me with this puzzle
You should post what sort of unit you're discussing. What is it? Who made it? What screw did you mention?

Nights Camped: '13 = 49/'14 = 74/'15 = 74/'16 = 85/'17 = 110/'18 = 111/'19 = 86/'20 =108/'21 = 115/'22 = 135/'23 = 78; Booked for 2024 = 69
Mr. Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2020, 02:06 PM   #3
Site Team

Quote:
Unless you supply year, make and model of RV you're asking about, not much we can help with.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2020, 02:17 PM   #4
Kanadian Kamper

Boy, between the two of you Site Masters with 14 thousand plus and 22 thousand plus posts.....I though you’d have all the answers for a newbie.

Geese.

Ken and Terry
2018 Sunseeker 2430S-CD, nicely modified and carried by a 2017 Ford E450 Sport
Former Georgetown 330TS owner for 10 years with more mods than I can count, pushed by our 2017 GMC Terrain
kenandterry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2020, 02:28 PM   #5
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenandterry View Post
Boy, between the two of you Site Masters with 14 thousand plus and 22 thousand plus posts.....I though you’d have all the answers for a newbie.
Geese.
Are you speaking of Canada geese (Branta canadensis) or Egyptian geese (Alopochen aegyptiacus)?

Nights Camped: '13 = 49/'14 = 74/'15 = 74/'16 = 85/'17 = 110/'18 = 111/'19 = 86/'20 =108/'21 = 115/'22 = 135/'23 = 78; Booked for 2024 = 69
Mr. Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2020, 02:55 PM   #6
Kanadian Kamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dan View Post
Are you speaking of Canada geese (Branta canadensis) or Egyptian geese (Alopochen aegyptiacus)?
Ha ha ha. Darned spellcheck gets me again.
Geesh!

Ken and Terry
2018 Sunseeker 2430S-CD, nicely modified and carried by a 2017 Ford E450 Sport
Former Georgetown 330TS owner for 10 years with more mods than I can count, pushed by our 2017 GMC Terrain
kenandterry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2020, 03:11 PM   #7

Quote:
Your electric steps most likely have an inline 25amp fuse connected directly to your battery and that's why the disconnect does nothing. With the steps retracted (either by closing screen door or placing a magnet on door jamb at the door magnetic switch) pull the fuse and the steps will be inoperative in the retracted position. You don't say what your unit is but this should work.
bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2020, 06:59 AM   #8

Step

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dan View Post
You should post what sort of unit you're discussing. What is it? Who made it? What screw did you mention?
Georgetown by Forest River 2011
The screw that I am talking about is one of the 2 wire that brough the current to the swicth for opening or closing the steps.
Old 08-10-2020, 08:11 AM   #9

Quote:
Georgetown by Forest River 2011
The screw that I am talking about is one of the 2 wire that brough the current to the swicth for opening or closing the steps.
There is no current (voltage) associated with the door switch. The door switch just supplies a ground to the step controller when the screen door is either open or closed. When the switch supplies a ground to the step controller depends upon who made the steps. If made by Lippert the ground is when the door is open and if made by Kwikee the ground is when the door is closed. Likewise the step rocker switch ON/OFF function is also opposite (steps staying extended with screen door closed). The best way to accomplish what you want to do is remove the steps power fuse as previously posted (post #7) and leave the steps rocker switch OFF. You wont have to know which steps you have and no wire changes will have to be made. Both step makers are fused the same. Hope this helps.
Old 08-10-2020, 11:37 AM   #10

Thank that help me. And ´where this 25 amps fuse is situate? Because I have ´some fuses on the end of the bed with some. Breakers And a bunch of fuses by the brake pédale Thank again
I have a Georgetown 2011
Old 08-10-2020, 11:51 AM   #11

Quote:
Thank that help me. And ´where this 25 amps fuse is situate? Because I have ´some fuses on the end of the bed with some. Breakers And a bunch of fuses by the brake pédale Thank again
I have a Georgetown 2011
Don't know what model Georgetown you have but probably under your entry steps (or wherever your coach batteries are located) you will find the coach batteries and one of them will have a 25amp inline fuse connected to the positive battery post for the electric steps. follow #7 post instructions and remove that fuse from its holder.
Old 08-11-2020, 02:35 PM   #12

Well I would like to thank everyone that help me with a problem that seem big but in fact with all your answers found it and realy a very small problem. Only had to disconnect one wire by the steps under the motorhome [