Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-25-2015, 03:27 AM   #21
Just a member

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Roo The Day View Post
"No matter, we will discuss that when you bring it in. Bring it in the second Tuesday from now, and it will be at least 4-6 weeks before you will get it back. Thank you."
That ain't a business model tailored for success. Appears to be a canned response from an inadequate/mismanaged service dept.

kandl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 10:58 PM   #22

First, my dealer uses the exact same script when I called for service. They have no idea why I am bringing it in. Second, leaving it on the dealers lot for payback wouldn't work for me. They start charging storage fees after a few days for units not picked up.
Old 09-29-2015, 05:45 AM   #23

I bought from my local, private dealer, somewhat due to their sales tactic of stressing the service department.

When the trailer was a month old, the slide quit working. I called and they gave me a similar response. They said I could drop it off 4 weeks from the date I called and that they would then have to order parts, taking a few more weeks.

Mind you, brand new camper, start of the best part of the year for camping, and I was not going to be camping that whole season!

I did some research and spent an hour or two under the trailer, finding the inline fuse. Apparently, this is a very common thing, and I expected the service department could have literally fixed it over the phone.

I'm VERY disappointed.

tragusa3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 02:12 PM   #24
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by tragusa3 View Post
I bought from my local, private dealer, somewhat due to their sales tactic of stressing the service department.

When the trailer was a month old, the slide quit working. I called and they gave me a similar response. They said I could drop it off 4 weeks from the date I called and that they would then have to order parts, taking a few more weeks.

Mind you, brand new camper, start of the best part of the year for camping, and I was not going to be camping that whole season!

I did some research and spent an hour or two under the trailer, finding the inline fuse. Apparently, this is a very common thing, and I expected the service department could have literally fixed it over the phone.

I'm VERY disappointed.
YEP, very common if you follow the "BUY LOCAL" mantra.
i'm sure there are some good dealers out there but your experience is not rare.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 02:19 PM   #25

Stay away from Boat n Rv in Hamburg Pa

2012 V-cross
2003 Chevy 2500
casper77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 03:52 PM   #26

I got a new Wildcat fiver from Camping World in Houston last February and when I wanted them to look at one of the slides and make an adjustment it was bring it in four weeks from now. They also asked when I needed it back and I told them three weeks and I picked it up in 2 weeks and 6 days. It is my understanding that most of the area RV dealers are about the same. I have had the same experience with RV Station in Cleveland, TX.
whj77372 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 10:58 AM   #27

This will be my first service call with my dealer. Will take it in day after tomorrow. I will report back with my experience. My thread was started with the hopes of hearing what others are experiencing, so I thank you all for the replies. The dealer has not disappointed me yet, so I hope I didn't discourage others from using them so far. It is a very busy dealership for sure, there were about 6 others waiting for finance to be approved when we bought ours. I am really hoping they stay true to their word and I report back with a good result, as they seemed to be courteous and honest so far.
I Roo The Day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2015, 12:20 AM   #28

We have 4 dealers within 100 miles. There is only one with a good reputation. Therefore I bought a class C from them, when I wanted a class A. The A I want is sold by a dealer over 150 miles away. The local dealer charges $25/hr more to work on an rv not purchased from them and their customers get first priority. They are always quick to get me in and taken care of.Might be worth driving 50 or 60 miles to a dealer that really values your business.
AbdRahim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2016, 02:14 PM   #29

I'm a little late reporting back. We got it back the week after Thanksgiving, so approx 2 months repair time. They had a big item to fix (we had busted the slide front), so I would say they were good to their word.

We bought the full 5 yr warranty when purchasing, so they handed us back the key and said if you are satisfied with the work, we are done. I'm happy.

This was Fun City in Wharton, Tx.
I Roo The Day is offline   Reply With Quote