Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-20-2019, 07:23 PM   #1

Theater seats

We have a brand new Rockwood 2511s with theater seats, as we set up camp all the lights went out on the seats, Heat, vibrate , Trying to locate fuse or cause,
Chris Pastuzyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2019, 07:36 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Pastuzyn View Post
We have a brand new Rockwood 2511s with theater seats, as we set up camp all the lights went out on the seats, Heat, vibrate , Trying to locate fuse or cause,
Should not be on a GFI Circuit. Did you check the 110v panel to see if you simply tripped a breaker for your receptacles?
2021 Chevy Silverado 3500HD DRW 4X4 Duramax
“It's not how old you are, it's how you are old.”Jules Renard
"It's not the years...it's the mileage." - Indiana Jones
Capt. Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2019, 07:36 PM   #3
Kanadian Kamper

You mention heat and vibration on your seats.
I suspect this is through an AC breaker in your electrical panel and not a fuse. Fused items are typically 12 volt.....the toys you mentioned need way more power.

Do you know where your panel is?
Check the breakers there. If nothing is labeled, you’ll need to reset each one, one at a time to find it.

Ken and Terry
2018 Sunseeker 2430S-CD, nicely modified and carried by a 2017 Ford E450 Sport
Former Georgetown 330TS owner for 10 years with more mods than I can count, pushed by our 2017 GMC Terrain
kenandterry is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2019, 08:14 PM   #4

Ok so I failed the 1st thing i ask my guys when what they are working on doesn't work ! Is there power ? The 2 plugs must have fallen out of the outlet behind the seats during the trip to Delaware, All good. Thanks .
Chris Pastuzyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2019, 07:50 AM   #5

Had that same problem when we first looked at our Flagstaff 25FBLS. One side had no power dealer said it was under warranty and they would replace it. I asked if they checked the plugs as I had heard on the Forest River Forums that this was a common problem. They said yes checked everything.
Took delivery knowing the theater seat would be replaced. Had the PDI technician double check the theater seat and he said still not. working and he spent 10 minutes under it looking for a loose connection. Nope still no power. Asked if he checked the plugs and he gave me the “I’m not an idiot “ look. Got it home spent a few days tweaking and cleaning and got a call from the dealer that he needed the model number from the back of the seat for the factory. Pull the seat forward and what do I find, the plug to the non functioning seat laying on the floor. [emoji849]

Told the sales person that maybe they need to spend more time listening to the customer.
Funengineer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
heater