Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-06-2021, 10:53 AM   #1

Under carriage leak

Wow..... Came back to RV at end of a day trip, and found water in the bathroom floor. It was the water connection to the toilet. My tightened it up and the leak finally quit leaking underneath the fifth wheel. It stopped immediately inside the bathroom. Clean up the bathroom floor and it never leaked in there again but it leaked under the fifth wheel through the undercarriage for quite some time so now I'm thinking do I have a shower leaking drain also or did that toilet inlet leak so much that it puddled underneath the on the undercarriage. Got up this morning took a shower no leak so it's not the shower the whole thing came from the toilet water supply. I would never have thought that a drip a second would accumulate enough water in the daytime the flood the undercarriage to the point where it would bow and leak through the screws, but it did.

So now my question is I'm sure there is insulation under this thing in that paper board underneath the fifth wheel is just more or less a dust cover dirt so forth but I only see screws in the center of it two or three I don't see anything on the sides. So now I'm wondering how I get those panels out so I can check that underneath there and let that insulation dry out and make sure I did get rid of the leak.

This is a 2012 Coachmen by Forest River it's a 359 LS model. So any help on knowing how to remove them panels underneath would be much appreciated.
frankraney is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leak