Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-05-2011, 12:58 AM   #1

Upgrade Thermostat

I find the thermostat that came with my 2304s ROckwood TT very skimpy. Matter of fact it stopped working completely and was replaced by an identical switch. There is no adjustment for lag time on these and I would like to upgrade to a better quality thermo. Ideally I would like to get one that will turn the air on when it is hot and turn the furnace on when it is cold. I had one of these in a fifth wheel and it was great. Any recommendations on thermostate upgrades??????
flugelboneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 04:02 AM   #2
Site Team

most everyone installs a digital thermo. the Hunter is the most popular but i installed a Honeywell.
easy to do, if you have the ducted a/c.
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 05:58 AM   #3

Just type "thermostat" in the search box here or most any RV forum and you will get all sorts of help. Upgrading to a digital thermostat is one of the most popular modifications RV owners do and with the variety of models available, you're sure to find one that suits your needs.
The only feature that you may lose by installing a household thermostat is the High/Low fan control. Many people just use the low fan speed and tape off the high speed fan wire. Others, myself included, install a SPDT or DPDT switch in the thermostat to retain the fan speed feature.
If you use a thermostat other than the ones used by other forum members, please post your install here and if you can please imclude pictures.
Good luck
Stevea1956 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 11:13 AM   #4
Villa Estate 392FLFB

I got a cheap one from walmart. programmable but you have to manually pick cool - off - heat.