Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-26-2021, 05:38 PM   #1

Vinyl Flooring Glue Bleed Thru

We are owners of a 2021 Cardinal 390FBX 25th Anniversary edition 5th wheel. Our latest issue is glue bleed thru on the vinyl flooring. Long story short, we have contacted the dealer and Forest River and they agree that it is yellowing from excessive glue, and agreed to replace it. Problem with this option is that our flooring is no longer available and we would have to pick a different style that would not match the bedroom and bath at the front of the RV which is on the upper floor. They would also have to put seams in where our door to the pantry is and also the door to the 1/2 bath that we know of. Once they start replacing there may be other issues. My question for everyone is, have you had this issue and did you find anything that would take the stain out of the vinyl?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Glue Bleed Thru 1.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	318.1 KB
ID:	266122   Click image for larger version

Name:	Glue Bleed Thru 2.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	475.5 KB
ID:	266123   Click image for larger version

Name:	Glue Bleed Thru 3.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	433.2 KB
ID:	266124  
jckdnls7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2021, 06:03 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jckdnls7 View Post
We are owners of a 2021 Cardinal 390FBX 25th Anniversary edition 5th wheel. Our latest issue is glue bleed thru on the vinyl flooring. Long story short, we have contacted the dealer and Forest River and they agree that it is yellowing from excessive glue, and agreed to replace it. Problem with this option is that our flooring is no longer available and we would have to pick a different style that would not match the bedroom and bath at the front of the RV which is on the upper floor. They would also have to put seams in where our door to the pantry is and also the door to the 1/2 bath that we know of. Once they start replacing there may be other issues. My question for everyone is, have you had this issue and did you find anything that would take the stain out of the vinyl?
Whats shameful brother is this is a brand new 2021 unit and there should not be anything that is not available. Just wait till some of the fancy electronic gadgets start failing. Thank goodness mine still has mostly older school technology.
Sunseeker16 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2021, 06:22 PM   #3

And this is about the 40th to 50th issue we've had with this rig. Anywhere from skirting coming unriveted to 2 inverter's replaced.
Old 11-26-2021, 07:16 PM   #4

When we had a problem with the floor in our Motor Home the factory picked it up, took it back to Indiana, replaced the entire floor and brought it back to us all at no charge. Anything less with a unit that new would not be acceptable for me.

The problem we had was from a red marker that had been used on the underlayment had bled up through the flooring.
Old 11-27-2021, 09:39 AM   #5

We had the same problem with an Entegra Odyssey. Our floor color looked identical. There is nothing that will remove the stains, they are permanent. Apparently this is an industry wide problem. I was told that they used a yellow adhesive that bleeds through. Our floor was replaced using a white adhesive that is not supposed to bleed through. Jayco, the parent company, was fully aware of the problem since it had happened to many others as well. They did not hesitate in approving a new floor. So far, so good, no bleed through. Do know however that although the new floor looks great, it won’t be exactly the same as brand new. We now have quarter round molding along the walls and cabinets that was not there originally, since the floor is the first thing to go down, then the walls and cabinets are placed on top of the floor. They have to cut out the old flooring, since they can’t remove all the walls and cabinets. I think ours actually looks better with the molding. You may want to check with a Jayco/Entegra dealer to see if they could obtain the same floor color. Maybe Forest River could purchase it from them.
Fork in the road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2021, 11:04 AM   #6

Class Action Suit

I am honestly surprised that there has not been a class action suit filled against these manufacturers of travel trailers.

They know the glue is going to bleed and still they use it. There are so many other issues that should be settled in court.

How do they continue to do this? They need regulation and I don't need to hear how it will drive up the prices. These units are over priced for the quality we receive now!

They keep putting out crap knowing the buyers will either excuse them and fix it themselves or give up trying to get it fixed.

To offer an entirely different floor on a 2021 model is ridiculous to say the least.
"Brain Farts sometimes go unnoticed until further Inspection " If they only had a smell.
campers302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2021, 03:24 PM   #7

Even if you decide to live with the different floor, it will definitely affect resale.
The Newsoms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2021, 04:09 PM   #8

Question is, if we leave the floor the way it is, will it affect resale more then replacing it with different flooring?
Old 11-27-2021, 05:21 PM   #9

If you have the floor replaced properly by the factory it shouldn’t have any affect on resale, I know ours didn’t
Old 11-27-2021, 07:22 PM   #10

If you put a seam anywhere, it will start peeling no matter what They all do. We had a partial fixed by the dealer when it was new and now we wish we didn't. Put a rug over it.
Dave13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2021, 11:07 PM   #11

Why are there going to be any seams? They should be able to avoid that I would think.
Fork in the road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2021, 11:50 PM   #12

The factory used the wrong adhesive, period. They should correct it properly, the whole floor. I suspect other areas will show staining down the line if it is not replaced with new floor and proper adhesive. I work in the flooring industry and "some extra adhesive" will not cause staining like that. The wrong chemical makeup in the adhesive is what causes that type of staining. Just my 2 cents after being in flooring for 40+ years.
2012 RAM 2500 Laramie CTD and 4:10
mmartin_tdc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2021, 08:24 AM   #13

They say they can't lay one piece through door ways which would involve the 1/2 bath and pantry. Would have to be seamed at these locations with a strip to cover the seams.
Old 11-28-2021, 10:07 AM   #14

Quote:
They say they can't lay one piece through door ways which would involve the 1/2 bath and pantry. Would have to be seamed at these locations with a strip to cover the seams.
Who is “they”.

Our problem was in the Coachmen Mirada 37RB we had, it went back to the factory and they replaced the floor with no seams to be found including both bathrooms. They removed the slide so they could get it put in properly.

If you have not yet talked to the warranty people at the factory yourself, I think it would be a good idea to do so.
Old 11-28-2021, 10:37 AM   #15

They can lay it into the bath and pantry without seams. It is more work, but very doable.
That is what they use pattern felt for when installing vinyl type floors.
2012 RAM 2500 Laramie CTD and 4:10
mmartin_tdc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2021, 10:41 AM   #16

I've talked to the warranty person and they are the ones that said they would have our dealer do it. They didn't offer to have the factory do it. And when I talked to the dealer, they were the one that said they could not lay one piece and would have to do the bathroom and pantry separately. I can ask the warranty department about doing it at the factory, but will still have the issue of the flooring being different from the rest of the rv.
Old 11-28-2021, 02:56 PM   #17

Quote:
I've talked to the warranty person and they are the ones that said they would have our dealer do it. They didn't offer to have the factory do it. And when I talked to the dealer, they were the one that said they could not lay one piece and would have to do the bathroom and pantry separately. I can ask the warranty department about doing it at the factory, but will still have the issue of the flooring being different from the rest of the rv.

It sounds as though the dealer does not have someone on staff who is good at doing flooring so I would push to have it done elsewhere. If they won’t do it at the factory ask to have a flooring professional do it. Also, if they can’t match the existing floor they should replace the floor throughout the entire RV.
Old 11-28-2021, 03:05 PM   #18

Give Forest River a call, talk to their warranty department again don't give up, FR3 owners have this same issue with glue bleeding through. They WILL replace or fix if your rig is still in warranty. They may also fix or work with you to get it fixed even after warranty. I can state FR3 owners have had this resolved both in warranty and outside after talking to FR. I hope you have the same results with FR -
2019 57:2020 20:2021 30 [/B]
robo44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2021, 08:51 PM   #19

These manufacturers know that there are issues with what they are building, and they build them anyway. The only way this is going to stop, is to quit buying these subpar campers.
Bramic71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2021, 09:47 PM   #20

Totally agree!!!

Tags
floor, flooring