Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-17-2022, 12:50 PM   #1

Wall and frame flex question

I have a 2018 vengeance touring 5th wheel. I attached a couple pictures to help show. The drivers side has a slide out for the bedroom. There is a relief cut in the wall below it that I figured is for movement to prevent cracking. When hitched up and loaded the joint will move about a 1/8 to 1/4 inch. Because of this the trim sealant cracked and allowed some minor water damage to bottom. Luckily I caught it in time to make the repairs. I took things apart to inspect the flexing part of things. It’s hard to tell from the picture put when loading and unloading the camper I can see the vertical and horizontal aluminum frame gap open and close. First thought is there is a broken weld I need to repair. Before I went any further I called Forest River and asked them how its designed. They claim that the aluminum parts are not welded and are ment to flex. Has anyone else run across this? Wondering if I should keep going to look for problems or if it is actually normal? Any input help thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	3E04C6B7-EF1E-42D0-A4D5-C1E8286FC809.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	365.9 KB
ID:	270197   Click image for larger version

Name:	F2D52CBC-36D5-4C46-8A9C-1923C669BE56.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	181.6 KB
ID:	270198  
Jayru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2022, 12:54 PM   #2