Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-27-2015, 02:25 AM   #1
joeygman

Warranty again

Our 2014 Cedar Creek 34' has been at the dealers more than we have camped in it .Got back from Florida and it is there now again (for 1month now) for the fireplace that almost caught fire in our yard at home .The fireplace company wanted the dealer to put the fireplace back in and not replace it with any new parts now that they have it out and working on the bench . The fan motor did not come on when I used the remote and it is so quite I turned it on and walked away , only to have my 3yr old grandson ask why the livingroom was so smokey . The dealer has ordered parts that should have been here in less then 7 days , but still no parts . Wish I had the number to a factory rep that can explain why so many repairs are needed on this unit . Never had that with my 2010 Blue Ridge.
joeygman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 09:30 AM   #2

Well, you can't really blame FR for the fireplace - they don't make them, just get them in by the container-load from some third party (just like I didn't blame FR for the stuck column of red pixels in the Toshiba TV).

That said, my dealer did go to bat for me with FR and got my fireplace changed even though they couldn't reproduce the problem. It wasn't dangerous, it just had a mind of its own as to whether it wanted to play dead in the middle of the night or when you wanted to initially turn it on from cold - usually when you wanted it the most.

So it kind of depends on the relationship your dealer's service department has with FR and how persistent you and they are.

Now I do blame FR for the fallen-out screw causing the open plenum on the back of the furnace, which made us dependent on the fireplace and thus the flakiness so much more annoying, but I found and fixed that one myself.

Self restraint is for the young. I'm old and want it NOW!
DaveSchwartz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
warranty